• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

Dude the right is constantly pining for "the good old days." There was some mythical time when everything was peachy-keen that we have lost, and I am still mystified as to when this was. Make American Great Again? Like when? New Deal, perhaps?

Last edited:
Dude the right is constantly pining for "the good old days." There was some mythical time when everything was peachy-keen that we have lost, and I am still mystified as to when this was. Make American Great Again? Like when? New Deal, perhaps?

The late 50s were pretty good if you were a straight, white man who survived WWII.

on NPR this morning, Pat Buchannan said america was great when he weas a kid and everyone spoke english

Yeah this has always been my question. When was the country such a great place, and why is it in "disarray" now. Ridiculous posturing.

So 50s. A lot of big government programs helped white men in the 50s.

The only people who "the good old days" were good for were white males. Women were mainly subservient, Jim Crow was in effect, doctors were telling people cigarettes were good for you, and McCarthy was hunting out the Commies.

The only people who "the good old days" were good for were white males. Women were mainly subservient, Jim Crow was in effect, doctors were telling people cigarettes were good for you, and McCarthy was hunting out the Commies.

Which is why Republicans want America to return to that.

on NPR this morning, Pat Buchannan said america was great when he weas a kid and everyone spoke english

Yeah you know that time when there were virtually no TV's, you were in church for like 3/4's of the time, and the rest of the time you were working 12 hours a day in a sweaty mill with particles flying all around.

Yeah boy, how I wish we could go back to that.

RESEARCH ARTICLE
Misperceiving Bullshit as Profound Is Associated with Favorable Views of Cruz, Rubio, Trump and Conservatism

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0153419#pone.0153419.ref001

It's flawed research, but still funny

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This line cracked me up: "Second, research has shown that conservative attitudes are related to relying on intuitive thinking styles while cognitive complexity (i.e., the tendency to construct a variety of perspectives for viewing an issue) is avoided"

And of course Pat Buchanan represents the thoughts of all republicans.

Republicans just nominated a candidate for POTUS with the motto "Make America Great Again" over 16 other candidates, so while not "all" Republicans believe that, it is certainly a predominant thought in the party.

Trump even said that to him the last time America was great was the 50s and 60s. That's what he wants for make America great again.

The party just nominated a candidate for POTUS with the motto "Make America Great Again" over 16 other candidates.

You mean the guy who faced some pretty significant opposition from within his own party?

You mean the guy who faced some pretty significant opposition from within his own party?

Depends on what you mean by "pretty significant opposition", because to me he romped through the party, and has effectively garnered most of the support from the primary backers in the GOP.

Less opposition than the other 16 candidates. Trump led the race wire to wire.

There are plenty of right-leaning PACs with similar names that hearken back to a "better time."

Back