• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Turgeon

berneses

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of "Buzz" that Wake will go after Turgeon who supposedly wants to stay in the ACC. I know Turgeon has recruited pretty well at MD but they had a really disappointing season.

Turgeon isn't much like [Redacted] at all. First, he's a successful. Second, he's very animated on the sidelines. Third, he's good at recruiting. Fourth, his forte is defense not offense (assuming that [Redacted] has a forte I guess it'd be offense?). Fifth, he's 15 years younger.

Don't get me wrong, if we're going to make that kind of hire I'd rather go for Howland. If we're going to spend that kind of money then I'd rather go for Marshall or Smart.

I don't think you'd find too many of our fans who would be crushed if he left

Is this similar to the campaign to make Edsall look awesome in hopes of having someone hire him away?

Turgeon was the one who made Wichita State a good program, going to a Sweet 16. He also had success at Texas A&M. Has been okay at Maryland at a weird time for them and following a Hall of Famer. We could do way, way worse.

Is this similar to the campaign to make Edsall look awesome in hopes of having someone hire him away?

He's probably going to need to make the tournament next year or else be in big trouble. People are willing to give him some more time, but I also doubt many would lose sleep over it if he bolted. Far scarier aspect is that our AD would have to try not to bungle another coaching search.

He's probably going to need to make the tournament next year or else be in big trouble. People are willing to give him some more time, but I also doubt many would lose sleep over it if he bolted. Far scarier aspect is that our AD would have to try not to bungle another coaching search.

You AD is an amateur at bungling coaching searches.

Maryland fans are such whiney bitches, good riddance

So basically cross him off then.

I don't know what his buyout actually is, and UMD might be willing to negotiate it down anyway, but yeah seems unlikely. I'd certainly rather have someone from the White, Miller, Masiello group.

Just have them count the buyout money toward the milions that MD is eventually going to be forced to pay the ACC.

Maryland would be happy to have a new coach headed to the B1G and Wake would be much better off having Turgeon than [Redacted].

I will be happy with this scenario though it is likely just due to Turgeon not being [Redacted]. I think Wake could do better but we obvious could do worse and have done worse

Sounds like wishful thinking from Terp fans in attendance.

I don't know what his buyout actually is, and UMD might be willing to negotiate it down anyway, but yeah seems unlikely. I'd certainly rather have someone from the White, Miller, Masiello group.

Yeah right. We all know UMD's attitude towards paying fees that they are contractually obligated.

Back