• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Turn the frown upside down

Doggus

Reaction score
I've gotten quick sick and tired of all the threads calling for Wellman and [Redacted]'s heads. This is not meant to be a pro-status quo thread but just a positive one. I'm still feeling hopeful that the team can turn it around and improve this year. I can't imagine how shitty it would feel for players, friends and family to come on to a Wake board and read all this from Wake fans. It makes me feel worse for myself to read most of these threads. Even if we suck, these guys deserve our support and should know we believe they will improve and make us proud. One game at a time. Would love to see us come and hard to start the game tomorrow and set a new tone for the season.

Who is "the" team? We're so bad in every single sport that it's difficult to figure out who might turn it around.

At least the players can easily tell why nobody is showing up for their games. Hint, it's not them.

Guys, this is a POSITIVE thread.

I'm positive we suck balls right now.

What the sunshine brigade doesn't realize is that their idiocy is setting our athletics back years.

What the sunshine brigade doesn't realize is that their idiocy is setting our athletics back years.

That's been the case for awhile now.

I am not sure how the sunshine brigade is responsible for the hire of [Redacted], the sucking of our coaches, or the poor performances of our athletes. In fact, I am not sure how you can blame them for anything except perhaps blind optimism.

In less, of course, Strickland is terrible at writing, and he meant that it is the idiocy of [Redacted] and Wellman that sets us back.

Yes. I am personally setting back Deacon athletics. And what exactly is all the whining on this board accomplishing?

Yes. I am personally setting back Deacon athletics. And what exactly is all the whining on this board accomplishing?

Its a sample of the fanbase's displeasure with the current state of athletics in revenue sports. If I were a betting man, I'd say these boards are sometimes read by people who are important in the AD.

I'd say the same for players, families and recruits. It might be a little hard to prove that typing expletives about our coach is doing our school any good either. For the record, I didn't take a position on the coach and didn't say I was happy with where were at. Just thought it'd be nice to support the team.
I also haven't contributed to the Deacon Club the past 2 years just in case any of the Wake brass are reading this.

I really don't think that expressing displeasure on these boards affects what well man and the higher ups think. Yes it's great to express yourself, but to think it has an effect at the organizational level?? Hmmm

I really don't think that expressing displeasure on these boards affects what well man and the higher ups think. Yes it's great to express yourself, but to think it has an effect at the organizational level?? Hmmm

If anything, I bet it makes Mr. "I'm Smarter Than Everyone Else" Wellman even more dug in to hanging onto his boy.

The fact that the Ath Dept went out of their way to find out my real name is just hilarious to me. Why do they even care who I am? I'm a nobody.

If anything, I bet it makes Mr. "I'm Smarter Than Everyone Else" Wellman even more dug in to hanging onto his boy.

The fact that the Ath Dept went out of their way to find out my real name is just hilarious to me. Why do they even care who I am? I'm a nobody.

You better watch your back deacvision7!

Is that for real?

In other news: great thread, doggus.

Back