• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Turn the frown upside down

If anything, I bet it makes Mr. "I'm Smarter Than Everyone Else" Wellman even more dug in to hanging onto his boy.

The fact that the Ath Dept went out of their way to find out my real name is just hilarious to me. Why do they even care who I am? I'm a nobody.

While I doubt that it will provide one scintilla of consolation, you are not the only one.

They might culture me to death!

Jokes aside, and I know the culture stuff is fucking ridiculous, I was pleased to see our guys showing excellent sportsmanship today. I know we'll miss the attitude eventually, but for today, I really enjoyed seeing our guys helping their players up and generally showing them respect.

I know we'll miss the killer instinct of guys like Justin Gray, Taron Downey, et al., but in the mean time, I'm proud of our guys for playing hard and showing respect for each other, the other team, and the game.

Flame away.

If anything, I bet it makes Mr. "I'm Smarter Than Everyone Else" Wellman even more dug in to hanging onto his boy.

The fact that the Ath Dept went out of their way to find out my real name is just hilarious to me. Why do they even care who I am? I'm a nobody.

Do what?!?! I don't see the purpose of them going to this extreme. Then again, I don't understand our current athletic department.

While I doubt that it will provide one scintilla of consolation, you are not the only one.

I don't give a shit that they found out what my real name is; it isn't like I've hidden behind this silly board name or anything. I just find it funny that they would care and then contacted me.

But at least it did lead to this bit of awesomeness:

dphcli.jpg

wait, what did they say? does ron wellman know about me? WHAT UP RON, LETS DO BETTER THAN 8TH PLACE PAL

Do what?!?! I don't see the purpose of them going to this extreme. Then again, I don't understand our current athletic department.

It happened during [Redacted]'s first year back on DS. So it isn't something they did recently.

I did get a random email from Steve Scutt to my personal email account tho. Wonder how he got that?

I'm probably on their list. When I said that it was really Hatch's fault that he let Wellman go rogue they probably had the IT department on the case. It's not easy to hide when your name is Dirk and you live in Bermuda Run. But I take this "speaking freely about the Deacons" thing seriously. So, Hatch, Wellman an Bzz can pound sand. They collectively suck and are tarnishing Mother So Dear. I said it from the beginning and I stand by it.

It happened during [Redacted]'s first year back on DS. So it isn't something they did recently.

I did get a random email from Steve Scutt to my personal email account tho. Wonder how he got that?

Pics or it didn't happen.

it is possible to support the players while not supporting the knotheads in the AD (namely Wellman, Grobe, and [Redacted]) who are running our revenue programs into the ground. i love players like Whitlock, Camp, CJ, etc etc who have given their all for this University. but i will not be happy about the shit programs that our AD wants us to pay to watch and will voice my opinion as such

ETA: judging by the amount of effort our football team and some veteran bball players have put forth the last few weeks I would think that it is pretty obvious that a group of fans on a message board aren't the only ones who are fed up with the direction of our programs. players coming onto this board isn't going to make them anymore upset than being down 40-5 against Iona or losing to Notre Dame 38-0. and if some message board threads do bother them more than those things then maybe they need to have a little more personal accountability and play with a little more heart and desire. and again I support our players an will continue to do so until the day Ron Wellman officially destroys our athletic programs

Last edited:
I'm going to the game tomorrow and I would go just to watch Nikita Whitlock torment Vandy's center for four quarters. Hell yes, I support our players no matter what I think about our coaches.

dv7, I thought your dispute with DeacMan got you banned from DS before the arrival of [Redacted]. Is my time line inaccurate? I thought I had sounded before the hiring of Bzz.

Back