• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Two soccer questions

well. If Bradley had cleared ball to corner.. If Johnson had sprinted back on D. If Beasley had tackled Ronaldo. If Howard had predicted a Right footed cross and punches ball away. If Cameron had looked over his shoulder. If Ronaldo hadn't played a perfect ball for the first time in the game.

If zusi had been faster subbing out, you could also say the attack would have come sooner. So they don't add on an extra minute, and they score goal at 93:30 instead of 94:30

Sure. Your point was that they don't add time for time wasted in stoppage time. I pointed out that they did.

Sure. Your point was that they don't add time for time wasted in stoppage time. I pointed out that they did.

What does that have to do with Zusi? Didn't they say 5 Minutes before Zusi subbed out?

well. If Bradley had cleared ball to corner.. If Johnson had sprinted back on D. If Beasley had tackled Ronaldo. If Howard had predicted a Right footed cross and punches ball away. If Cameron had looked over his shoulder. If Ronaldo hadn't played a perfect ball for the first time in the game.

If zusi had been faster subbing out, you could also say the attack would have come sooner. So they don't add on an extra minute, and they score goal at 93:30 instead of 94:30

As far as letting the attack play out, not letting the attack play would be like ending a play in progress in football when the clock hits 0:00.

Pretty sure this is 100% false. The time added on had already been decided by the time the Zusi substitution had been made -- he subbed off in the 90th min., and that time added on was 5 minutes. And again, that means a minimum of 5 minutes. Ronaldo's cross came in at like 94:30 or somewhere around that mark (and no chance I'm looking back at the footage to relive that moment just to see the exact time.)

My main complaint with the refereeing and the time there was that the final whistle was blown nearly immediately after we kicked off, even though 45 seconds should have been added on due to a goal in stoppage time. We had started a nice little move down our right side when the whistle blew and who knows if we could have put in a goal as a counter-punch? Poor mistake by the referee to not add on the time in stoppage to reflect the goal.

dv7, this link confirms what I thought. The announcers said 4 minutes before Zusi took forever to sub out, then they put 5 minutes up on the clock.
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/could-extra-time-hurt-usa-021739861.html

As far as letting the attack play out, not letting the attack play would be like ending a play in progress in football when the clock hits 0:00.

dv7, this link confirms what I thought. The announcers said 4 minutes before Zusi took forever to sub out, then they put 5 minutes up on the clock.

Interesting. Missed that.

Confirms what you thought? That was a guy throwing out a theory. The only number that went up on the board was 5 minutes of stoppage time. 4 minutes never went up. And besides that, even if 4 minutes went up, that still just means a MINIMUM of 4 minutes. As I've said earlier, a sub usually tacks on about 30 seconds of stoppage time, if the referee is doing his/her job properly.

I could have sworn it said 4 minutes on the board but while Zusi was walking they changed it.

I could have sworn it said 4 minutes on the board but while Zusi was walking they changed it.

I would love to see that because I definitely didn't notice that on Sunday.

But that along with not adding on time after the goal would really, really piss me off.

Ok I just clicked the replay on WatchESPN...Darke said 4 minutes before Zusi was subbed out, then as Zusi was walking they put up the board saying 5. Darke said something along the lines of "Now 5 minutes of stoppage time, I'm being told they've ammended it."

Ok I just clicked the replay on WatchESPN...Darke said 4 minutes before Zusi was subbed out, then as Zusi was walking they put up the board saying 5. Darke said something along the lines of "Now 5 minutes of stoppage time, I'm being told they've ammended it."

I would love to see that because I definitely didn't notice that on Sunday.

But that along with not adding on time after the goal would really, really piss me off.

¿DO YOU EVEN WATCH FUTBOL, BRO?

So the sub itself added on time and they were probably between 4 and 5 minutes beforehand, but the sub pushed it up to 5. I don't have much of a problem with that, to be honest.

I still don't like them not adding on time after the goal. Because you never know what can happen...

Listening to an NPR story about doctors recommending no heading until 14.

Got to think that would doom the US nationally if it takes hold nationwide.

That's hilarious. She is one of America's greatest trolls.

I only wish palma had just cut and pasted that so we could see the fireworks.

I feel bad for giving that cunt the benefit of a click but that is some A+ trolling.

Coulter vs Shaughnessy for the soccer trolling heavyweight championship belt. Who ya got?

Coulter. She's the worst of the worst in everything she writes...so that makes her the best troll.

Not sure where to put it, so it'll go here.

lHH9W6d.gif

Back