• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Uniforms

WindyCityDeac

Reaction score
The white helmets are absolutely awful with anything other than white jerseys. And even then they are mediocre.

we look like a uniform abortion today. Embarrassing

Wellman's new color scheme! "Oh Heaven's Yes"

Black on black still great. But those helmets don't look good... ever.

With white helmets?

Never understood why, if the coaches are choosing between black and white helmets, they pick the black ones (heat absorbing) when it's hot and white (heat reflecting) when it's cold. That being said, the white looks bad with black unis in any weather.

With different helmets.

Neither one of us is an old white guy, and this can't relate to how they think.

True. You will be one day though.

Lol. I'll give you some insight into it when it happens.

It's going to be hilarious watching all of you guys turn into keeper, RJ, and bkf over the next few decades.

They probably picked white helmets so that they would stick out vs Duke's blue. In the early 80's all the AFC east teams all had white helmets. The Bills went to a red helmet so that it would stick out to their QB. The Jets then went green and the Pats went to silver for the same reason. Tanner could see just a flash of white (an open deacon) before throwing it into the ground.

A bunch of old white guys tried to be hip and edgy.

I'm an old white guy and I think the helmets looked terrible. Looks like they were ordered in bulk from a Sears and Roebuck catalog (old guy reference for you).

Next theory ... ? :eek:

They probably picked white helmets so that they would stick out vs Duke's blue. In the early 80's all the AFC east teams all had white helmets. The Bills went to a red helmet so that it would stick out to their QB. The Jets then went green and the Pats went to silver for the same reason. Tanner could see just a flash of white (an open deacon) before throwing it into the ground.

The white helmets look similar to Duke's white unis.

Back