• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Uniforms

They don't really match with the black unis, but the helmets themselves look fine. Chill out.

Windy speaks. It's official.

Oklahoma State wearing white helmets with black shirts tonight in prime time.

I don't think it looks nearly as bad as everyone here thinks.

The game was on at the restaurant where I was having lunch. I watched 3-4 plays before I even realized it was Wake on the screen. Those helmets suck.

Oklahoma State wearing white helmets with black shirts tonight in prime time.

I don't think it looks nearly as bad as everyone here thinks.

They're wearing white pants. Still doesn't look good.

All we need are the gloss black helmets with the gold logo- there is no better look in college football.

The white helmets suck!

All we need are the gloss black helmets with the gold logo- there is no better look in college football.

The white helmets suck!

Hell, I love the new matte black ones. Black on black on black = win. Well not literally win, cause that's too much to ask, but you know.

But no more storm troopers please.

It would be tough to match the gold helmet color to the gold jerseys.

But a gold helmet with black jerseys definitely works- surprised to see that we rolled out the white alternate helmet before a gold one. The white one is fugly!

Just went to the official site to peep 'em. It's a bad look.

Last edited:
Gold chrome helmets. Probably could blind half the crowd on a sunny day but it might actually be okay given the alternative of watching some of Wake's offensive coaching schemes.

With different helmets.

Neither one of us is an old white guy, and this can't relate to how they think.

Do not blame old white guys for the insanity that is Wake Forest athletics today. We can see the problem. And do not forget the words of Lou Rawls, "Some day you'll be old."

I also thought the white helmets created the weird illusion of making our jerseys look dark brown rather than black, but maybe that's just me.

I still think our gold jerseys are our best look.

----------
Tapatalk.

The white helmet WF decal should be gold/tan with black piping....and it should be enlarged like on the black matte helmet. Oh and the cheezy white facemask should be black.

Wear that ONLY with the gold/tan jersey and white pants !

BTW, our pants and jerseys are now over 6 years old, correct ? Long overdue for a change....Rocco will demand that me thinks.

I also thought the white helmets created the weird illusion of making our jerseys look dark brown rather than black, but maybe that's just me.

I still think our gold jerseys are our best look.

----------
Tapatalk.

Since it was a big game as we were fighting for bowl eligibility on senior day, I anticipated the gold jerseys with either the gloss or matte black helmet.

Sadly, I was wrong. I don't care to ever see the white helmet again.

The white helmet WF decal should be gold/tan with black piping....and it should be enlarged like on the black matte helmet. Oh and the cheezy white facemask should be black.

Wear that ONLY with the gold/tan jersey and white pants !

BTW, our pants and jerseys are now over 6 years old, correct ? Long overdue for a change....Rocco will demand that me thinks.

Maybe Rocco will also go back to the old "flying" WF logo he wore as a player.

We don't have any possible uniform combination that the white helmets look good with. Plus, to me, the white helmet with the white face mask, made everybody's head look too big. The black and gold shiny helmet is the best in college football, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back