• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Until Enough People Become Fed Up And....

So if he's trying to make us into ND athletics, why tolerate an abysmal basketball program and a stalled at best football program?

I think the opposite is true. I think Hatch resented the high priority of athletics at ND and sees competitiveness at Wake as a non-priority.

I think Hatch would like the programs to be competitive but only on the terms of high academic achievement and all-around good citizens. Might work in hoops if the coach is the right guy. Can't work in footballl.

Might be we're saying basically the same thing.

Have our academic standards for football changed at all in the past 10 years?

What the people want is irrelevant. We're in the NCAA version of North Korea. And we don't even get to eat dog. We have to settle for dogshit.

So if he's trying to make us into ND athletics, why tolerate an abysmal basketball program and a stalled at best football program?

I think the opposite is true. I think Hatch resented the high priority of athletics at ND and sees competitiveness at Wake as a non-priority.

Agree. Our "culture" starts at the top. Wellman is just being a good soldier and following orders.

Guess who was playing in the Wake Forest Deacon Jr Golf classic in 2004http://fcwt.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/fcwt4/event/fcwt419/contest/17/contestant/65/scorecard.htm?

Weird coincidence, huh?

Can we just give the [Redacted] name an official looking designation yet?... Jeff [Redacted], D.F.L.

But we're supposed to believe that RW and Buzz hardly knew each other. As if there were any doubt, JEFF [Redacted] WAS A CRONY HIRE!

^^^ THIS ^^^

It's just hard for me to comprehend the transition from 2006 to now in both major revenue sports. Was it really just catching lightning in a bottle then, or has Wellman's competence turned into hubris and apathy?

Back