• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Nice. Stevie and the Dan. Van the Man. Paul Simon. Elvis Costello. Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter. Boz. Dr. John and my main man Mike McD. Sheeeeeeeet.

How is jazzfest insane? Insane if you like tired old acts. Lots of great jazz in there, but those guys are there almost every year.

The headliners are awful. Morrison and Young are awful live now. Stevie is probably still decent. Also 50 year old RHCP and PJ do nothing for me.

How is jazzfest insane? Insane if you like tired old acts. Lots of great jazz in there, but those guys are there almost every year.

The headliners are awful. Morrison and Young are awful live now. Stevie is probably still decent. Also 50 year old RHCP and PJ do nothing for me.

Is there anything on which you do not shit? Your shtick is old, dude.

Jazzfest is great. Ive been probably a dozen times. Went last year. Jazzfest is never great bc of its re-tread headliners. This year's are worst than most.

Yeah, but they'll all be dead soon and you want to say you got to see them before they die. I've seen Wayne Shorter, the Dan, and Elvis already, so I'm cool, I think. Stevie can still probably put on a show. That'd be nice.

It'd be cool to see Ron Isley before he passes. Herbie Hancock, Lauryn Hill, Rhiannon Giddens, Gregory Porter are a few that would cool. It's got depth.

yo usic tonight's only known trivia category is 80s punk

i've been struggling with this all week. do they mean like post-punk or minor threat/black flag hardcore.

what should i expect.

Sorry for liking a lot of the artists and groups playing. Lot's of older guys that I haven't seen. MMJ is always great live and pearl jam and chili peppers are two of the best live acts I have seen and every show is different with the breadth of music they have available to play.

yo usic tonight's only known trivia category is 80s punk

i've been struggling with this all week. do they mean like post-punk or minor threat/black flag hardcore.

what should i expect.

What are you talking about? A trivia contest called Music Tonight? So how was it?

Mostly-blind, ex-chemistry teacher, noise pop musician Chad Matheny - who records under the moniker Emperor X - is returning to the states for a tour after moving to Germany, I believe.

He's probably best known for hiding cassette tapes with a single unreleased track on them across the states, a "game" which NPR covered in 2010. His 2011 album, Western Teleport, is one of my favorite albums ever-all-time. Strong rec to check him out / pick up tickets if either of the videos below sway you.

Sat. Jan. 30 – Brooklyn, NY – Muchmore’s
Sat. Feb. 5 – Storrs, CT – ~Sy1{S1^8qV4r[LL8r97DXcy)2h3_-
Sun. Feb. 6 – Amherst, MA – SALT
Thu. Feb. 11 – Washington, DC – MLK Library
Sat. Feb. 20 – New Haven, CT – Lyric Hall
Sun. Feb. 21 – Easthampton, MA – Flywheel
Thu. Feb. 25 – Philadelphia, PA – 0TW"2`ft>;vSLNU811*-QS+VL7ZQWs
Fri. Feb. 26 – Montclair, NJ – Old Mogul
Sat. Feb. 27 – Bronx, NY – Rodrigue’s
Mon. Feb. 29 – Providence, RI – Aurora
Tue. Mar. 1 – Bangor, ME – Central Gallery
Wed. Mar. 9 – Pittsburgh, PA – E2U7KJQ9iCs2fY7C>a91DQ`0X_88.6
Thu. Mar. 10 – Athens, OH – Bat Lounge
Fri. Mar. 11 – Ann Arbor, MI – 907 Lincoln
Sat. Mar. 12 – Kalamazoo, MI – !=?o,f+f3m89ea0PhwDC{Yls3kwdir
Thu. Mar. 17 – Bloomington, IN – I'GQrU_o~Rs0w^=(.fj&cz26xh9r0|
Fri. Mar. 18 – Louisville, KY – 0Pd%4,l]*7"4,x&Nvh!PIO^n7lR(WK
Sat. Mar. 19 – Montevallo, AL – Eclipse
Sat. Mar. 26 – Bloomington, IN – Fountain Square Festival
Sat. Apr. 1 – Tampa, FL – Crowbar

…and TONS MORE, I just can’t post them quite yet for a variety of awesome reasons. You’ll see.

Back