• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Finally getting to see Drive-By Truckers again. I saw a couple of their Athens, GA homecoming shows in 2008 when I lived in Atlanta and I moved to DC the next year. They've come to town every year, but I've literally been out of town every time they've come, but not this year! Going to both shows at the 9:30 Club.

Seeing Joe Russo's Almost Dead there next week and really tempted about going to the At the Drive-In show this summer.

Finally getting to see Drive-By Truckers again. I saw a couple of their Athens, GA homecoming shows in 2008 when I lived in Atlanta and I moved to DC the next year. They've come to town every year, but I've literally been out of town every time they've come, but not this year! Going to both shows at the 9:30 Club.

Seeing Joe Russo's Almost Dead there next week and really tempted about going to the At the Drive-In show this summer.

My favorite band. We've seen DBT over 40 times in about 12 cities.

My first concert was Earth Wind and Fire in 1981 Greensboro. What a great band.

[video=youtube;9dzvRVl9f5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=9dzvRVl9f5U[/video]

"Can you honestly tell me that you forgot? Forgot the magnetism of Robin Zander, or the charisma of Rick Nielsen? How about the tunes? 'I Want You To Want Me.' 'The Dream Police,' da-na-na-na-na-na-na."

DBT was one of the worst shows I saw in 2015. I dont really keep up with them, hadnt seen them probably since Isbell was there, but they were bad. Just really bad corny songs.

More Yeasayer awesomeness.

Just scored tickets for Saturday, 7/2, and Sunday, 7/3, to see Dead and Co at Folsom Field. First time there has been a show there in decades. SOOOOOOOOOO stoked.

Dead and Co were awesome when I saw them in November in DC. hope to go to their show out in the burbs in June.

speaking of, if you are at all a fan of the Dead, do yourself a favor and check out Joe Russo's Almost Dead. Saw them last night and those guys smoke. Started by the former Further drummer and features some fantastically talented musicians. The guitarist Tom Hamilton is also in Bill Kreutzman's group Billy and the Kids. I've seen a lot of post-Jerry groups, and that might be the best show I've seen, including Phil and Friends, Further, Ratdog, Dead and Co, and The Dead (2009 version).

Back