• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

I realize that I am at a show right now, but I am fucking cised for Diarrhea Planet and Speedy Ortiz in Asheville May 9th.
I might have to take a trip to Asheville it looks like. Never expected to see someone else likes Diarrhea Planet.

I might have to take a trip to Asheville it looks like. Never expected to see someone else likes Diarrhea Planet.
J1V6Cp1.jpg

Diarrhea Planet playing a Nashville hometown show w/ NOTS, Big Ups, Growwing Pains, Savoy Motel on March 12. YEAAAAAAAAAA

I've seen Diarrhea Planet twice. Awesome fucking show. Planning on seeing them again when they come to the independent in 2 months.

Seeing Lower Dens tonight after realizing at the last second they were here. Thankfully they still had tix left

I realize that I am at a show right now, but I am fucking cised for Diarrhea Planet and Speedy Ortiz in Asheville May 9th.
I've seen Speedy Ortiz a couple of times. Good show.

Ugh SX starts like next week or something. And Obama is coming. I've finally reached the moment when I just can't do it anymore. Maybe I'll pick the two or three shows I most want to see, but can't see myself doing more than that. Too much work.

I got my concerts mixed up, Diarrhea Planet is at the Mothlight on May 9th, Hop Along & Speedy Ortiz are there May 14th.

Last edited:
I've seen Speedy Ortiz a couple of times. Good show.

Ugh SX starts like next week or something. And Obama is coming. I've finally reached the moment when I just can't do it anymore. Maybe I'll pick the two or three shows I most want to see, but can't see myself doing more than that. Too much work.

SX really is such a grind. But there are so many good free shows that have already been announced. Including the headliner of all headliners:

e76a3d0fcaee334746f63d713af8eaaa.jpg

3EB on the roof of Whole Foods HQ! Don't pretend you're not coming to that with me.

Also the Spotify House and KGSR morning stuff looks intriguing. They're both free and you don't need a wristband. Plus my boy RW is the attorney for the guy who now runs most of the security operations that week. This time of year he bills at a reduced rate in exchange for getting himself and friends into wristband/private venues. He sent out a message yesterday with all the venues his client is working. And it's quite extensive. So I'm getting pretty pumped.

It's good to have friends in low places.

Oh shit, I'm definitely in for 3eb. I haven't even looked at the schedules yet. Keep me updated

Semi Charmed Life. I can mimic the lispy angst of Stephen Jenkins with great authenticity. So much so that I even got called up on stage a friend's wedding to do it with their band.
Just think, what if you get invited to get up there with 3eb!

El Chupe will be there! Just look for the guy who looks like Pacey.

I bailed and fell asleep on my couch. Pretty typical. I was already kind of buzzed and it was cold and rainy out, which is never good for the ol' motivation. Oh well.

This "new" Kendrick is fire - completely unfocused, but FIRE.

Did a little NC native Johnny Bristol exploration in the last couple of weeks after being sent this funky number by a buddy of mine:

This dude was the man back in early Motown and has written a bunch of tunes you (and I) have already heard ("Ain't No Mountain High Enough" David Ruffin's "My Whole World Has Ended"), but it was good to get some background and learn more about him.

Here is another collaboration with Tammi Terrell:

He also produced and wrote a BUNCH of songs on Slow Dancer, perhaps the finest Boz Scaggs record, including my favorite Boz song of all time:

Back