• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Glasgow, Scotland based indie rock band that dissolved in 2002 - a year after their first album. Some serious stream-of-consciousness lyrics going on. Reminds me of the Van Pelt, an all-time favorite.

twelve o'clock, one o'clock, no pretending
virginia, looking at it last night
virginia plain
recorded at the power plant, yeah
vacant together, vacant together, eyes vacant
he’s the shaker, baby
he’s the shaker, baby
he’s the shaker, baby
he’s the shaker, baby
he’s the shaker, baby
he’s the shaker, baby
he’s the shaker, baby
no pretending, contact, you and me
contact, you and me
wassup, contact
he’s the shaker
watch him, i can’t stand the way, i don’t like it

I love that record.

It's one of those that exists in a specific time and place for me: The Wexner Center bookshop, Columbus, Ohio, late 2002, when I first started working there. My old boss had it in rotation at the time along with the first Clinic record, Holland Dozier Holland -- Invictus Sessions, PJ Harvey -- Stories from the City, and the Sea and Cake -- Oui. There was some other good shit that we would jam to, as well.

Last edited:
Liking the new School of Seven Bells album.

I saw them a few years ago at the 506 immediately post one sister quitting, pre-dude's death (obviously). They rocked. I didn't know anything about them going in except I liked their name and knew a few of that projects that dude had been in (Secret Machines), and that the girls were pretty hot and had cool voices. Anyway, good to great show, shame about that guy dying. During a quiet moment, this one woman shouted out "Where's your sister??? Where's your sister? Squeeeee!!!," and that dude goes up to the mic and looks right at her and goes "Where's your fucking sister," and just shuts her down. Think you had to be there, it was badass.

So how long has Kanye been streaming the full TLAP on his website homepage? Makes that Tidal subscription kind of worthless

You Cried Me by Jookabox from Dead Zone Boys (2009) on Asthmatic Kitty Records.

#TBT to the first track I played on Wake Radio.

Big Ups. For fans of Slint, Fugazi and other 90s indie rock.

I am excite about my first Kurt Vile show tonight at the Cats Cradle. I wish I didnt have to drive 2 hours to see decent shows.

El Chupe will be there! Just look for the guy who looks like Pacey.

I am excite about my first Kurt Vile show tonight at the Cats Cradle. I wish I didnt have to drive 2 hours to see decent shows.

Have fun, man. One of my favorites. Cannot wait to see him and Ryan Adams together at Red Rocks!

I realize that I am at a show right now, but I am fucking cised for Diarrhea Planet and Speedy Ortiz in Asheville May 9th.

Back