• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Got into a bit of an organ kick last night, so here's one to get your morning started:

I'd be a little concerned about Brian Wilson's voice holding up, but I'm sure he'll have all manner of back up singers and wild instrumentation to still make it pretty cool and mask any deficiencies he might have because he's old and his voice is probably shot.

Goddamn, though.

I saw him with the Beach Boys at Bonnaroo in 2012 and thought his voice was fine. But he sat at his piano the whole time. Was cool seeing him though and much better than the BB shows I've seen before with just Mike Love.

Chain of Lakes by Sioux Falls off their 2016 album Rot Forever. RIYL: Built to Spill, Modest Mouse

an oil slick around the moon
would you like to watch cartoons?
maybe it's just better this way
maybe it's just

strange to see you laugh with me
i'm not funny
just OCD
oooohhhh
maybe when we were better
more unlike ourselves
tell me what to do

a chain of lakes inside your skull
we ate donettes till we were full
krispy cremes on eyelid screens
meeting you felt strange

i'm weak
he always cheats
at games
nice set
smoked pot by the ocean
in san francisco
i felt less alone
show me all your poems

The drums are so good in that song koury. Anyway, amazing guitar in this classic old school jam.

Ernie Isley still only like 21 in that second clip. He was doing that shit when he was 17 -- total badass.

Rubbins made a post that made me think of this song by arguably the best band to ever come out of Winston, even if they didn't form till they were in NY.

I did the same earlier this evening, that was good shit. Footsteps In The Dark, Climbin' Up The Ladder, and Voyage To Atlantis were really tight.

Sam Herring and William Cashion from Future Islands are in this band called The Snails. Parts of this are like FI without the synth. Parts of this are not. This track is off their 2016 album Songs from the Shoebox.

Back