• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

I dig some of his stuff, but not in love. His work with Blended Babies and Knxwledge I like better than Malibu.

Pretty sure I'mma try to hit a day or two this year. Saturday with Paak, Pet Sounds, Digable Planets, and Sufjan looks nice.

I'd be a little concerned about Brian Wilson's voice holding up, but I'm sure he'll have all manner of back up singers and wild instrumentation to still make it pretty cool and mask any deficiencies he might have because he's old and his voice is probably shot.

Goddamn, though.

I wouldn't go into expecting much - especially given that it's outdoors - but it's definitely a thing to have seen. In the conversation for album G.O.A.T.

What's a good entry point for Blood Orange?

They don't really have a huge catalog. I am just a big Dev Hynes fan. As far as I can tell Blood Orange is basically his project with Samantha Urbani (of former Brooklyn band Friends) who is also super talented.

I really dug their first record, Cupid Deluxe. "You're Not Good Enough" was probably the most popular single off that album.

This just may be the worst festival line-up of the many that I've seen announced for this year. Sheeeesh. I guess that's what happens when you sell yourself to Conde Nast.

Pitchfork looks real strong this year:

http://pitchfork.com/news/63651-pitchfork-music-festival-announces-2016-lineup/

96fd0a1e.jpg

Seems like a pretty good lineup to me. That Martin Courtney album from last year is also very solid. If you like Real Estate, you should check it out.

Back