• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Pitchfork looks real strong this year:

http://pitchfork.com/news/63651-pitchfork-music-festival-announces-2016-lineup/

96fd0a1e.jpg

Nah, bruh. You've definitely heard of Miguel, and would certainly recognize some of Jeremih's songs. I'm surprised you don't know Sun Ra's Arkestra given your jazz proclivity. Likewise for Thundercat - Kamasi Washington is on Thundercat's label. If you don't know him, I think you'd dig him. He's a bassist.

Nah, bruh. You've definitely heard of Miguel, and would certainly recognize some of Jeremih's songs. I'm surprised you don't know Sun Ra's Arkestra given your jazz proclivity. Likewise for Thundercat - Kamasi Washington is on Thundercat's label. If you don't know him, I think you'd dig him. He's a bassist.

Hmm...another one I overlooked, maybe glossed over it because he's dead and it didn't register with me. Never got into Sun Ra - too far out there for me. Will have to re-listen since it's been a long time since I tried anything from him.

Thanks for the Thundercat rec - will check him out.

I recognize Brian Wilson, Sun Ra Arkestra, and Digable Planets. I think Carly Rae Jepsen might be the person where Townie posted one of her vids and palma said it was terrible. And I think I've heard Broken Social Scene are an emo band, though I know nothing about their music. Don't think I've heard of anyone else on that list.

Pretty sure I'mma try to hit a day or two this year. Saturday with Paak, Pet Sounds, Digable Planets, and Sufjan looks nice.

U trollin?

Great tune. Feist is smoking, too.

This is my jam: Actually the whole album is spectacular, but the first four or so songs on this album are stellar and I had a pretty great L ride from Midway through downtown Chicago at sunset one time listening and it was sweet and I remember it forever.

The new BJ the Chicago Kid was super meh, I thought. I like him better as a feature artist than any of his own stuff.

Back