• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

You've likely never heard of these guys, but they are amazing players

So let's say, hypothetically, that I bought a used CD copy of Upstairs at Eric's last week, because fuck you that album is great, and that it was $4.99, and that now I am looking for more 80s tunes like it, but that early 80s music is pretty far out of my wheelhouse.

where do I look to get more of this in my life

I think I played Car Seat Headrest when you were at my place

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Shit, I didn't realize Television was going to be there. Damn.

Any charleston peeps going to chvrches and death cab for cutie on Wednesday night or interested in buying a ticket as have an extra one?

So let's say, hypothetically, that I bought a used CD copy of Upstairs at Eric's last week, because fuck you that album is great, and that it was $4.99, and that now I am looking for more 80s tunes like it, but that early 80s music is pretty far out of my wheelhouse.

One of my favorite albums. Check out Depeche Mode, Human League, OMD, New Order, Gary Numan, Ultravox, Thomas Dolby, early Pet Shop Boys & late Kraftwerk.

Last edited:
It was a lot of fun. Feel like Sofi Tukker could be big one day. This shit was awesome:

The chick was also pretty hot and wearing basically a see-through white top thing.

avatars-000197266864-neyykl-t500x500.jpg

As for M83, seeing them live gave me a better appreciation. I loved Hurry Up, We're Dreaming, but didn't care all that much for Junk, but hearing and seeing those songs performed live was fun. They put on a good show.

Saw them tonight. Sofi Tukker did a good job. Initially I thought the 12 book drum set was dumb but it once they explained it ('we really like to read books'), it added to their quirkiness. Sofi rocked a Jimmy Paige dragon suit with a see thru shirt underneath. They did a great job with Matadora. M83 crushed it. Great light show and the supporting cast was fun. I stood a few feet away from guitarist Jordan Lawlor and loved his demeanor. 'Go' was disappointing live; Junk is meh but I like that sax heavy 80s song, can't think of the song name (maybe 'Road Blaster'). They rocked 'We Own the Sky', 'Reunion' and other hits. 'OK Pal' is a guilty pleasure song as it sounds like they say 'Matt Damon' throughout the entire song.

Last edited:

stumbled across this last week...i think it was on my discover weekly playlist on spotify. i think i like it. can't find much from her besides two other songs.

I think I played Car Seat Headrest when you were at my place

well then you get THE CREDIT.

I don't think I've liked a singer/songwriter this much since Emperor X/Chad Matheny

well then you get THE CREDIT.

I don't think I've liked a singer/songwriter this much since Emperor X/Chad Matheny
Yeah, I discovered him. I didn't tell you that I was the band manager? I fancy myself a young Murray Hewitt

My Discover Weekly playlist opened with Lo Boob Oscillator. Taking me back.

Looks like a pretty sweet playlist all together, though I know most of the shit. I thought this was about DISCOVERY, Spotify.

Last edited:
Saw them tonight. Sofi Tukker did a good job. Initially I thought the 12 book drum set was dumb but it once they explained it ('we really like to read books'), it added to their quirkiness. Sofi rocked a Jimmy Paige dragon suit with a see thru shirt underneath. They did a great job with Matadora. M83 crushed it. Great light show and the supporting cast was fun. I stood a few feet away from guitarist Jordan Lawlor and loved his demeanor. 'Go' was disappointing live; Junk is meh but I like that sax heavy 80s song, can't think of the song name (maybe 'Road Blaster'). They rocked 'We Own the Sky', 'Reunion' and other hits. 'OK Pal' is a guilty pleasure song as it sounds like they say 'Matt Damon' throughout the entire song.

I'd hit him to hit her. That's a sexy rock n roll chick

After it coming up last week, I put on the Lambchop Live at XX Merge show recently and I guess I have had enough space between then and now because it fucking smoked. Lambchop is so good.

They opened with these two slow moody jams and then just exploded from there, but I've been feeling the slow moody.

Early Depeche Mode up to around Black Celebration is the first band I think of.

Also Human League:

Yello:

Blancmange:

Cabaret Voltaire was a bit more experimental:

Vince Clarke did an album with Feargal Sharkey of the Undertones that is probably most like it:

More experimental but I loved this band:

Back