• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

Not sure what “season ended today” means. We’re going till May baby!

Pretty gnarly 3 day storm rolling in tonight. Alta broke 800” sometime last week.

Not sure what “season ended today” means. We’re going till May baby!
Telluride closed Sunday. The majority of the runs at Tride are still locals. Spring Break for the schools is this week, and all of the business owners close and go on vacation. Its a very different culture than other ski destinations.

Telluride closed Sunday. The majority of the runs at Tride are still locals. Spring Break for the schools is this week, and all of the business owners close and go on vacation. Its a very different culture than other ski destinations.
Can still skin. Locals will keep skiing until the gondola shuts down for maintenance.

@diverdeac did you skim the pond?

will any of the Utah snow pack go into lake Mead as it melts? Or does it only get water from the Colorado snow pack?

With highway 210 closed indefinitely, Alta and Snowbird closed and on interlodge for multiple days now. I bet Alta country club was nice while it lasted.

?
Don't they close due to elk migration

I’ve skied my whole life and I’m the worst skier on the planet. I don’t understand it. The number of hilarious skiing stories I have in myself would take up pages on here. 4 times on a stretcher behind a snowmobile just for starters.

I’ve skied my whole life and I’m the worst skier on the planet. I don’t understand it. The number of hilarious skiing stories I have in myself would take up pages on here. 4 times on a stretcher behind a snowmobile just for starters.
Brother, you fly us out west and I will give you free lessons the entire time. I’ll get you French frying in no time.

You could look at it as Utah taxpayers paying to shuttle rich assholes to a ski resort.

OR

Utah taxpayers paying to get rich assholes off the roads and make traffic a whole lot better
Public tax money is funding an outrageous project that benefits two private resorts, doesn’t make any stops at any other trailheads, destroys a bunch of great climbing routes, and will still have to shut down and be inspected every time there’s an avalanche which could take just as long as clearing the road.

Maybe put that $ towards expanded bus service? Or just up the budget and build the cog rail that Stadler says they can do for not a whole lot more.

Last edited:
Public tax money is funding an outrageous project that benefits two private resorts, doesn’t make any stops at any other trailheads, destroys a bunch of great climbing routes, and will still have to shut down and be inspected every time there’s an avalanche which could take just as long as clearing the road.

Maybe put that $ towards expanded bus service? Or just up the budget and build the cog rail that Stadler says they can do for not a whole lot more.
Ya what do you know about? You some kind of transit expert or something, are you even familiar with the region or the municipal budgets?

They should make one of or both the evil empires (vail/alterra) and it would be dope.

Having tax payers pay for a project that benefits super corporations, that only the wealthy will enjoy is what our government is good for. So i see myself on a super tram soon

I'm more interested in the Wasatch Connect gondola idea that could pretty easily connect Snowbird, Alta, Solitude, Brighton, Deer Valley, and Park City. Would be absolutely epic, and cement SLC as the best ski destination in the world. I was lucky to ski Les 3 Vallees in the French Alps, which is 7 linked resorts, but this would be even better, primarily because of how much better the snow and terrain is.

Unfortunately, there's likely no way the different corporations get along and ever make it happen.

Bump.

Should I buy ikon passes rather than pay for Steamboat lift tickets for 6 days? Seems like the pricing works, even with the high end pass compared to Christmas lift ticket prices; trying to figure out what I'm missing.

Back