• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

$500 not surprising, though I am surprised they didn't mention a subscription model for $299. In any case, out of my price range for now. Not that I couldn't, just not willing to spend that much on a console.

Xbox One will launch this November for $499.
Nicolas-Cage-Laugh.gif

Yeah, I'll be waiting until Christmas 2014 when they knock at least $100 off that price. Maybe 2015. It took me almost 5 years to buy an xbox 360 so I'm in no hurry.

My wife wants to redecorate the living room so I'm putting down my chips now - if she gets new couches, I get new gadgets.

I'd love for Sony to undercut MS, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if the PS4 is the same. I certainly don't think Sony can possibly be cheaper than $400, which is still more that I want to pay.

I'm excited about the integration of Twitch with the Xbox one. For sports games this will be an awesome feature that will allow you to broadcast your sports games live via Twitch

Today at its E3 press conference, Microsoft announced that it has integrated with live-streaming site Twitch to allow live streaming and viewing from its upcoming Xbox One game console. The integration will allow Xbox Gold Live customers to instantly broadcast their game streams to their own Twitch channels, as well as view the streams as others.

LINK

<old cranky gamer> i used to like it when a game didnt take 2 hours of your time and cinematic trailers didnt waste my time. power on, play, repeat </old cranky gamer>

I'd love for Sony to undercut MS, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if the PS4 is the same. I certainly don't think Sony can possibly be cheaper than $400, which is still more that I want to pay.

Just got an email from Amazon for PS4 preorders at $399.99.

That is a great move by Sony. I'm surprised, especially since the PS4 is using more expensive memory. Very aggressive, I like it.

Ugh, Microsoft. You are doing everything possible to prevent me from buying your product. Please don't make me buy a PS4.

Any details on that? Technically Microsoft is allowing used games also, but the publishers can require a fee.
I still don't quite understand Microsoft's stance on the used game thing, but between the $100 price difference, Sony allowing people to trade in all games without restrictions, and Microsoft's strange online policy that says you must check in every 24 hours or you won't be allowed to play, Sony seems like the clear winner.

Here's all that's known about what Microsoft is doing with the used games - http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Used_Games_and_Rentals

Hilarious. So much troll and so much nerd in that link.

NoQuo891 minute ago
I see people comparing the Xbox One to a VCR. That's a bad comparison. At least the VCR works without an internet connection.

Game over for xbox fanboys. The Sony guy have should just dropped the mic and walked away. lol.

drop-the-mic.jpg

Last edited:
Back