• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Virginia Tech Fans Savage Their QB For Declaring Early And Not Getting Drafted

Those tweets really weren't that bad, and probably what every undrafted underclassmen in a P5 school gets.

Non-issue.

Those tweets really weren't that bad, and probably what every undrafted underclassmen in a P5 school gets.

Non-issue.

Wtf? Those were terrible tweets and unnecessary. He just brought the Hokies to the ACCCG. What a bunch of scumbag fans.

Definitely pretty scummy, but I agree it's a non-issue in the world of crazy fandom. Kids who drop passes or miss kicks that would win big games get death threats every year from within their own fanbases. Compared to that, these are just salty, snide remarks.

Those tweets weren't so bad and pretty much none of them would have occurred if he didn't insist on talking about himself on Twitter.

Ugly and embarrassing for the Hokies: [URL="http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/nfl

Sounds about like our fans when Jon Abbate declared early for the NFL draft and didn't make a squad. Forget that he had a personal family tragedy when he lost his brother, forget all about the fact that he led us to an ACC title and the Orange Bowl and had a chance to go out on top. Deacon fans still scorched him for leaving early.

Fuck the fans. I'd be interested in knowing what kind of advice this kid truly got. The real villain is probably some scumbag agent.

Usually it is the family they talk these things over with. The player is trying to live out their personal dreams of playing professional football.

Sounds about like our fans when Jon Abbate declared early for the NFL draft and didn't make a squad. Forget that he had a personal family tragedy when he lost his brother, forget all about the fact that he led us to an ACC title and the Orange Bowl and had a chance to go out on top. Deacon fans still scorched him for leaving early.

It's one thing to opine on these boards. It's another to send comments directly to the kid himself.

I sincerely doubt many WF fans scorched Abbate directly for leaving. Granted, maybe there wasn't the opportunity to do it with no Twitter and whatnot, but had it been around I'm pretty damn confident we wouldn't have seen the reaction Evans got.

Can understand the reaction on some level when a kid misses a kick or screws up because it's outcome dependent and the emotion is raw. But pretty low to go after a kid's decision months after he made it, in the CFB offseason. Move on

Who knows why he left early? One of my favorite WR at Clemson just left early and went undrafted. He could have started again year and been the top dog. Problem is, for Artavis Scott, another year isn't going to make him taller or run a faster 40. He has a family that he's thinking about, and leaving early and crossing his fingers is the best chance he had. I guess we could have roasted him on his Twitter though :tard:

Thank him for the ACCCG, and move on.

meh. those tweets were to be expected by a few knuckleheads from a large fan base. Seems to me Evans is overly sensitive to twitter critics.

Ugly and embarrassing for the Hokies: [URL="http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/nfl

Your recollection is different from mine. Most fans were understanding and reasonable.

It's one thing to opine on these boards. It's another to send comments directly to the kid himself.

I sincerely doubt many WF fans scorched Abbate directly for leaving. Granted, maybe there wasn't the opportunity to do it with no Twitter and whatnot, but had it been around I'm pretty damn confident we wouldn't have seen the reaction Evans got.

Can understand the reaction on some level when a kid misses a kick or screws up because it's outcome dependent and the emotion is raw. But pretty low to go after a kid's decision months after he made it, in the CFB offseason. Move on

That's how Twitter works. Don't like it ? Don't tweet.

And TBF there weren't that many negative tweets looking at his timeline. USA Today just trying to make a story.

Still, Twitter blows

I mean, I can totally get on board with the whole "Va Tech fans are horrible people" narrative, but you gotta do better than this.

People too closely identify their egos and sense of well-being to the success of their favorite teams. There is an emotional/mental imbalance on the part of some who speak and act irrationally if their team fails or if a star player fails. All sense of proportion is lost, it seems. It is sad, even a bit sick.

Back