• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

Three game series starts tonight against Miami. Hurricanes are 11-14 (4-5 ACC) and are fresh off a loss to Florida Gulf Coast who is a top 20 team in the nation. Wake is 19-7 (6-3 ACC) off a 5-4 win at App. They've had a tough ACC schedule so far, but also took two of three from Tech (outscoring them 32-22 in the three games in Miami). Wake outscored Tech 30-19. Miami is almost certainly better than their record indicates and, like any conference road series, should be a tough one. Taking two of three and winning the series would be fantastic.

As a side note, Tech's RPI jumped 25 spots from the beginning of the week by beating 21-6 Mercer by an 11-3 score. That's helpful for Wake - would be nice to have them sneak into the top 50 with two wins over them.

Also wrote up a piece on Dunshee for BSD if anyone's interested, taking a look at his six starts this year compared to his six starts last year and whether his 5.05 ERA so far is anything to worry about for the preseason All-American.

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2017/3...eacons-acc-miami-hurricanes-baseball-acc-ncaa

Having followed the team at the back end of last year, it's pretty hard to fathom that Dunshee has the worst ERA of our regular weekend starters (and by some distance)

Yeah it's an interesting issue that's difficult to pinpoint. He's walked two more batters in two fewer innings and hit more batters than he did total last year, but his hits are roughly the same. Without more available statistics (college baseball doesn't exactly have a lot of available comparative Sabermetrics) it's tough to point to any one reason why. His K:BB ratio this year is 45:11 compared to 37:9 at this point last year so I'm not really worried about it.

This is how the coaches handicapped the ACC before the season began:

Atlantic Division

1. Florida State (10) - 93

2. Louisville (2) - 79

3. Clemson (1) - 66

4. NC State (1) - 64

5. Wake Forest - 38

T6. Boston College - 26

T6. Notre Dame - 26

Coastal Division

1. North Carolina (6) - 86

2. Virginia (4) - 84

3. Miami (3) - 77

4. Georgia Tech (1) - 59

5. Duke - 40

6. Virginia Tech - 26

7. Pitt - 20

Miami was considered among the ACC's best and WF was thought to be among the also-rans. Hope the Deacs continue to exceed expectations.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that was from the official site because I used the Wake Forest game notes lol.

I'm beginning to worry about Dunshee. He still seems to be overthrowing it

Dunshee 6 innings of 5 hit one run baseball on the road. That's a quality start.

Whoever the home plate umpire is, he maybe the worst I have ever seen in terms of his strike zone.

Roberts all over the place right now. Come on and buckle down. Gotta have this out.

Back