• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

My theory on baseball board chatter holds true. If there are no game updates, it means we're definitely losing... perhaps badly. I see from the other board we lost 11-0. Oof.

The game last night was a huge letdown. It has definitely affected us today thus far. We just seem to be going through the motions

We have a very good team and our guys are very confident.

Regardless of how this series ends we will be fine.

I assured everyone last night we would be fine. Sure enough we're fine. We're leaving Clemson after this game with everyone knowing that we just went to the number 4 team's in the countries home field and very easily could have won the series.

I knew this team had heart and we continue to show it tonight.

My Deacs!

This one not over yet. And at some point you need to win a tough series. Playing close with ul and Clemson is nice but close means nothing really

Game over this game.

As far as tough series all we did was open the acc season and win our first four or five series against very good teams. Just because Miami and some of those other teams might not have a great record doesn't mean they weren't expected to be very good so I'm not going to discount any of those series and say they weren't tough series. We've won plenty of tough series and everyone knows that we just went to the number 4 team's in the countries home field and very easily could have won the series.

All the supposed ACC experts expected us to get blown out in the series, saying that our field was so short and we had no chance and instead we came in here and down 2-0 in the third game came storming back. Hats off to our guys.

Everyone knows that hometown calls cost us game 1 and love the way this team has so much character to bounce back tonight.

All this bodes really well for our team, love the way they're growing up.

I think what lots of fans are missing is that this isn't football where Clemson and Florida State have superior size, strength and speed, just better athletes.

We're just as good as any of these guys. That's why we've won most all of our series and the ones we did not win we won a game against Louisville plus the win tonight.

Then we beat Coastal the defending champs twice and folks say well Coastal won it all last year but they're not so good this year!

Had we lost those games the same folks would have said if we had lost those games that we must not have a quality team or we would have beaten Coastal!

Can't have it both ways.

Laughable that guys think this game's not over. It's not like football when they can move the ball at will and we can't get a first down so they can put up a flurry of points just because they're better. We're just as good as these guys and they're not going to score 5 or 6 runs at will.

I don't know ... guys look pretty good to me. Haven't been swept in a series yet and don't think that's changing any time soon. We're just as good as anybody.

Back