• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

I honestly think that Hobbs bringing Roberts in with the count 3-2 was an attempt at a little Jedi mind shit. It's not secret that Roberts has filthy stuff but he also has no clue where it's going often times. I'm wondering if he put him in that spot to make him break it down to just one pitch. One pitch. One out. Sport psychology.

I think he put him in to throw his breaking ball knowing that even if he walked the guy, one of the best two or three pitchers on the team was still on the mound.

Pryor has worked is way into deserving a shot. It will be interesting to see if Dunshee's draft position changes much in either direction from last year.

What is the realistic goal for the rest of the regular season? Win out non conference and 3-3 in ACC?

Would think we could manage better than 3-3. Both teams we're playing are sub-.500 in conference. I'd say 4-2 is plenty realistic.

Others could speak better to the strength of our non-conf foes

Pitt is one of four teams in the mix for worst in the other division.

3-3 should be our minimum expectation for @ FSU and Pitt at home. We certainly shouldn't expect to get swept by FSU and we should expect to beat Pitt at least 2 of 3.

4-2 would be realistic goal. 5-1 great.

Last edited:
Would think we could manage better than 3-3. Both teams we're playing are sub-.500 in conference. I'd say 4-2 is plenty realistic.

Others could speak better to the strength of our non-conf foes

3-3 would be good and 4-2 would be great. Even though FSU is having a bad year for them, we are still playing them on the road. If we take 2 games down there this weekend, that is a great bonus. Pitt has the same basic record as BC on their side of the conference and has won 21 games total to BC's 19 total and we didn't sweep BC. So let's go with 2 out of 3 and finish the regular season at 18-12. Get another 2 of 3 in the regular season [maybe 3-3 if all the pitching stands up and the bats are back alive after the exam break] and we stand at 37 or 38 wins going into the ACCT. That puts us into "hosting" range.

5-4 is the absolute floor of expectations. The three OOC teams we have left are all outside the top 100 in the RPI and so is Pitt. So we have three games left against a top 30 team, on the road, and six games left against teams outside the top 100.

Could be, but I believe the previous tiebreakers in the ACCT have been "better seed advances" in the case of a tie.

if form holds from other sports, the tiebreaker would be record against the best teams in the ACC from top down until there is an advantage

the short answer to this is that WF probably loses this tiebreaker if tied with UVA

the long answer is, it would not be resolved until at least Miami or FSU, and if UVA gains a game on WF in the standings, that probably means they took at least 2 from Miami (as WF did) and that WF probably only took one from FSU (and UVA took 2)

Both UVA and WF went 1-2 against UL and CU; UVA went 1-2 against UNC whom WF did not play

we seem to be making a habit of getting behind pretty big in the top of the 1st for some odd reason

I have a feeling we are gonna have a big inning in the bottom half of the 5th

Back