• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

Assuming Wake is a lock, does BC get screwed over for UNC due to their 'high' RPI? (also assuming the ACC only gets 10 in)

Went over to PackPride and they were just as confused. Apparently the possibilities were regional balance so they didn't have to fly everyone east and also a rumor that NCSU didn't put in a bid to host for some reason.

Didn't there used to be some seating capacity rule also? I seem to remember moving from Hooks to have something to do with the opportunity to host which we couldn't on campus?

Yes, I pretty sure the last time we hosted, it took place at Ernie Shore (now Wakes park). Wonder if Wake ever host again, if they will do it at BB&T field.

Yes, I pretty sure the last time we hosted, it took place at Ernie Shore (now Wakes park). Wonder if Wake ever host again, if they will do it at BB&T field.

Is that the name of the Dash park? Couch should be fine.

Yes, their new place. I do like the bar in left-center though

Haha. That IS a positive for sites off campus. Although we are technically off-campus. How is BB&T (Wake football) able to sell booze and not the Joel and Couch?

Haha. That IS a positive for sites off campus. Although we are technically off-campus. How is BB&T (Wake football) able to sell booze and not the Joel and Couch?

You can get alcohol at the Joel, in the Hoops room. Not sure you can take it the seats though. Unless you are in the top 1% of donors or in a suite

Last edited:
You can get alcohol at the Joel, in the Hoops room. Not sure you can take it the seats though. Unless you are in the top 1% of donors or in a suite

Right right. I also seem to remember that you can get booze in the LSU football stadium. I have no idea how these rules work!

And as far as I know you can't take it to your seats. But it's been a few years since I've been back to a home game.

Last year, for the first time, you could take booze from the Hoops Room to your seat. I'm guessing Wake realized the only way to keep fans hanging around was to get them boozed up...

Walters made a pretty big tactical mistake just not bringing in Dunshee in the 7th inning to finish out the game.

Did he really trust Sellers based on what we have seen the 2nd half of the season.

The finals was a slugfest.

Walters made a pretty big tactical mistake just not bringing in Dunshee in the 7th inning to finish out the game.

Did he really trust Sellers based on what we have seen the 2nd half of the season.

The finals was a slugfest.

Easy to say in hindsight. But you'd prefer to have your stud in place to start the championship game. Who knew Sellers would be that awful? Bad maybe but that was awful.
That said, definitely some tactical mistakes by Walters along the way this year

Based on his recent starts, it was about 50/50 that he would be terrible. I understand your thought process, but there was no guarantee we get to that game even if we win. Was Walter's planning on riding Sellers for 3 innings? I doubt it.

If Walter knew he was going to use Dunshee he should have gone straight to him and not used Sellers.

If Walter knew he was going to use Dunshee he should have gone straight to him and not used Sellers.

I too thought Walter may have been trying to preserve Dunshee for a potential Sunday game, but I was wrong. Dunshee threw 108 pitches Tuesday. The plan was to work him in the 8th and 9th, but he had to go to him earlier. I mean. . . he should be able to count on getting three outs from Sellers to bridge the gap.

I too thought Walter may have been trying to preserve Dunshee for a potential Sunday game, but I was wrong. Dunshee threw 108 pitches Tuesday. The plan was to work him in the 8th and 9th, but he had to go to him earlier. I mean. . . he should be able to count on getting three outs from Sellers to bridge the gap.

This was a Sellers pitching line against Va Tech two weeks ago.

Donnie Sellers L,4-4 0.1 5 6 6 1 0 0 0 0 0 6 7 1 0 29

This was a Sellers pitching line against Louisville last week.

Donnie Sellers L,5-5 1.1 4 3 3 2 1 0 0 0 0 6 8 1 1 27

I wish he was better but he has shown no indication that he can be relied upon to get 3 outs without giving up 3 or 4 runs.

Dunshee ended up pitching 3 innings and we lost anyway. It's postseason. Why try to get cute?

Agree that if Dunshee was going to be used for potentially up to 9 outs anyway then just give him the ball. The greater concern is that there is nobody in the pen who Walter has any faith in to get 3 outs. Farish got lit up against Louisville similar to Sellers. Kelly is ok but walks too many batters. McCarren is serviceable but not really a weekend guy. There are no other answers. With Craig leaving it makes next year look tricky. I wonder if Loepprich should have started the 7th and maybe buy a few outs before Parker. Again, easy to say now. Drew had thrown exactly 100 pitches but don't know how he felt. Looking forward to the selection show.

Back