• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Basketball Preseason Discussion

Reaction score
Since there are no other basketball threads and the recruiting thread often sidetracks to this discussion, thought I'd make a better home for it here. Practice has started and the exhibition game is only about a month away. The Black and Gold game will be Friday, Oct 24th at Reynolds gym.

Dan preseason article: http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_9a703bae-ca5c-5d55-bf4a-b50a250dc9f3.html

CMM Interview at practice today: http://t.co/8PVjoALToS

A few practice clips: http://t.co/H1fvGrm5BI Noteworthy that Greek Deac and Hudson are playing alongside CMM and Devin? Probably not but slightly interesting.

Manning interview: http://t.co/JvOZxyv8bu

A lot up for competition after you get past CMM and Devin. Play CMM at point and go with Overton/Crab/Watson or move him to the 2 and play Wilbekin/Jones at point? Does Leonard, Dinos, Rountree, or Washington start alongside Thomas? Can McClinton step up and be the third option?

Last edited:
We won't be very good, but it's nice to at least be excited for basketball again.
Some recruiting news would only amplify that.

In

Thanks for posting the videos, TITSWF.

Say what you want about Daniel Green, but I wish that Dre and Tree were able to do that much work in the weight room. It's a shame that he is running into more complications because he's definitely big enough to hold his own in the paint.

Say what you want about Daniel Green, but I wish that Dre and Tree were able to do that much work in the weight room. It's a shame that he is running into more complications because he's definitely big enough to hold his own in the paint.

The dude definitely worked his ass off.

not expecting much but welcome to being pleasantly surprised! i'm more interested in the off the court action

I'm expecting to want to punch our coach in the face less frequently.

Thanks for the links.

It certainly puts a unique spin on things when your head coach is the most gifted athlete on the floor. Hope recruiting picks up for next season.

Thanks for posting those videos. I'm actually pumped for the season even if we won't be very good. Good ball movement in that practice vid though!

I'm excited that this team might be the first in a while that actually gets better as the season goes on.

So much intrigue due to so many x-factors/unknowns.

Our newcomers:
- An unranked 2-star out of high school who had a decent senior mixtape (imo)
- A former Tulsa commit who had a late offer from UVA and is the brother of this year's SEC Player of the Year.
- A former 4-star recruit who is coming of an ACL injury.
- A Greek player who nearly played professionally this season.
- A graduate transfer from Campbell who has good efficiency numbers, but his total left people wondering.

wake COULD be one of the surprise teams in the nation - meaning, we could be pretty good.....i am optimistic that we can make the nit and be a bubble team.

really hope that Green is cleared to play = kid deserves it for sure!

Another x-factor/unknown is the head coach.

I like Manning and will be pulling like crazy for him but it's hard to get excited about this season when he was our 8th choice for the job.

So much intrigue due to so many x-factors/unknowns.

Our newcomers:
- An unranked 2-star out of high school who had a decent senior mixtape (imo)
- A former Tulsa commit who had a late offer from UVA and is the brother of this year's SEC Player of the Year.
- A former 4-star recruit who is coming of an ACL injury.
- A Greek player who nearly played professionally this season.
- A graduate transfer from Campbell who has good efficiency numbers, but his total left people wondering.

I really like Rondale's shooting form.

From the video it looks like Manning is asking Rountree to do some more things this year. Hope the staff can help him find his role and blossom as he's always had a lot of potential.

Back