• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Basketball Preseason Discussion

Anyone who has a conversation with [Redacted] and came away thinking, "This man is going to lead me somewhere!" is dumb. Sorry.

Luckily, that is all behind us now!

Those five players are the cornerstone for the success of this year's team. Add Overton and Leonard and you have the sum total of players with college basketball minutes on this team. I don't include Green because he isn't cleared to play. They now have a real coach who has stated they are one of the reasons he accepted Wake's offer. They are committed to success and have a coaching staff familiar with what the term 'success' means and accountable for achieving it. I wouldn't count this group out yet.

Not dumb kids. Good kids who came to wake to try to save the program. Didn't work out but five are still here and I hope they get to succeed under Danny Manning.

Smart to come to Wake. Dumb to play for a loser coach.

Can I send out a #babydeacbatsignal for some insight on the first few days of practice?

All behind us except the 5 kids you are trashing right now....nice job.

They will never clear the stench of [Redacted] off themselves. Devin and CMM are the only ACC talents of the 5 and I will always picture Devin acting like a bitch when reporters asked [Redacted] tough questions about his sorry results. It is what it is. I can't wait for the new guys to show up. I wish we could fast forward to next year.

They will never clear the stench of [Redacted] off themselves. Devin and CMM are the only ACC talents of the 5 and I will always picture Devin acting like a bitch when reporters asked [Redacted] tough questions about his sorry results. It is what it is. I can't wait for the new guys to show up. I wish we could fast forward to next year.

Wrong! Devin acted with class. It would have served no purpose but to look petty and classless.

The players could have ended it much sooner than all of us. Instead, they were on the wrong side of history. They even defended the asshole when the quad was rolled.

The players could have ended it much sooner than all of us. Instead, they were on the wrong side of history. They even defended the asshole when the quad was rolled.

Go away....clearly you don't understand what it is to have class and maturity.

You know I am right. With all of the culture talk, all it would have taken is for one of the players to come out publicly against the joke of a coaching staff. However, that was never going to happen because these kids were being mind fucked by [Redacted]. Stockholm syndrome at its best.

I can't wait to see what Codi and Devin in particular can bring to table their junior and senior years. The fact that they were loyal to the program and their leader (regardless of who it was) can only speak positively of their character. I do not blame any of them for acting the way they did.

Think of the shit show we could be in for this year if they had bailed and started trashing their own program, transferred, etc.

When was the last time an active college athlete spoke out against his coaching staff?

Why does almost every thread, even positive ones, have to end up in a fight between some posters?

I can't wait to see what Codi and Devin in particular can bring to table their junior and senior years. The fact that they were loyal to the program and their leader (regardless of who it was) can only speak positively of their character. I do not blame any of them for acting the way they did.

Think of the shit show we could be in for this year if they had bailed and started trashing their own program, transferred, etc.

The shit show would have ended [Redacted] a year sooner. Would have been recovering sooner. It also would have more publicly humiliated Wellman, which would have been great.

“Rolling The Quad should be reserved for glorifying the success of Wake Forest University, not for the disrespect of another HUMAN BEING.”

So fucking lame. Firing [Redacted] was the only moment worth glorifying in 4 years of Wake hoops

well ok then - sorry to everyone else that i responded to this dude

You know I am right. With all of the culture talk, all it would have taken is for one of the players to come out publicly against the joke of a coaching staff. However, that was never going to happen because these kids were being mind fucked by [Redacted]. Stockholm syndrome at its best.

What multiple know is that you have no clue.

No coach would want a player on his team who would act the way you want them to regarding any previous coach.

Please stay away. Every time you open your mouth, you make the Deacs look bad.

Back