• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/duke Game Thread

It fucking amazes me that so many people have a problem with me expressing opinions, even if every single one of those is outlandish and horrible.....you're the same people that actually LIKE rjkarl....it makes no fucking sense...the entire premise of these boards is to give opinions.

Bravo!

It fucking amazes me that so many people have a problem with me expressing opinions, even if every single one of those is outlandish and horrible.....you're the same people that actually LIKE rjkarl....it makes no fucking sense...the entire premise of these boards is to give opinions.

Sure, and everyone has a right to tell you how shitty your opinions are. If you offer up thoughts that are consistently moronic, people will think you are an idiot. That's just how it goes.

And obviously stating a negative opinion that a shooting guard shooting under 35% on FGs and that went 3-10 while LITERALLY standing still and watching 9 other players interact in the game of basketball ONLY CONCERNED with receiving and shooting the ball in a close game against a hated, ranked rival is a moronic opinion.

Last edited:
And obviously stating that a shooting guard shooting under 35% on FGs and that went 3-10 while LITERALLY standing still and watching 9 other players interact in the game of basketball ONLY CONCERNED with receiving and shooting the ball in a close game against a hated, ranked rival is a moronic opinion.

Saying he should transfer is.

It was just a bullshit heat of the moment anger-induced comment....everyone, including me, knows he's not going anywhere.

He's pretty darn athletic.

Yeah, people have been putting a limit on draft stock because he doesn't have "elite athleticism." And I'm not sure that's accurate. The guy has major springs. And they increased significantly in the off season. I'm not sure he's lost a jump ball all year. His lateral quickness could use some work, but he's already working with a ton of athletic ability.

Yesterday's loss was a heart breaker to say the least, but I'm feeling so much more optimistic about Wake Forest basketball these days. They committed only 4 turnovers at Cameron (our guards had a combined 12 assists and zero turnovers). They went 19-23 at the FT stripe in a very hostile environment. There's still enough time remaining to build a case for getting an NCAA bid. It's been a really long time since we've been in this position.

Moving forward beyond this season, I'll feel even more optimistic if we can land Olivier Sarr. I love the toughness that Crawford and Childress bring to this team. Hope Collins stays, but still feel we can make positive strides in the ACC if Doral and Big Sam can learn how to play without fouling. Chaundree and Melo will bring much needed athleticism to next year's squad.

From what I've seen and read about Chaundee, he will also bring a toughness along with his physical presence.

Does anyone else believe that if Collins leaves we'll be at best a bubble team next year? Again we live in a world where success in college basketball is measured in wins and making the postseason. I believe we need to win 3 more games this year to make the tournament which is no easy thing.

God forbid we miss this year and next...8 year's is a long time.

If Collins were to come back, next year could be magic...same offense and a little more defense and it could be "Showtime"

Does anyone else believe that if Collins leaves we'll be at best a bubble team next year? Again we live in a world where success in college basketball is measured in wins and making the postseason. I believe we need to win 3 more games this year to make the tournament which is no easy thing.

If Collins were to come back, next year could be magic...same offense and a little more defense and it could be "Showtime"

Yes

Yeah, people have been putting a limit on draft stock because he doesn't have "elite athleticism." And I'm not sure that's accurate. The guy has major springs. And they increased significantly in the off season. I'm not sure he's lost a jump ball all year. His lateral quickness could use some work, but he's already working with a ton of athletic ability.

He doesn't have elite NBA athleticism or at least he hasn't demonstrated it yet. He has above average NBA athleticism which is fine. He's not a DJ or Blake level athletic big.

He doesn't have elite NBA athleticism or at least he hasn't demonstrated it yet. He has above average NBA athleticism which is fine. He's not a DJ or Blake level athletic big.

If a player has above average NBA athleticism, they can make up for lack of "elite NBA athleticism" in a lot of ways. Crafty, shooting, positioning.

No, we will be a bubble team at worst next year, even if Collins leaves.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Chaundee pick up a lot of the scoring slack. If his D is good, I wouldn't be shocked to see Danny play Doral and Sam in the middle to be space eaters and shot blockers. If that happens, the key could be if Dinos has a solid year or someone else steps up at PG, we should make The Dance.

No, we will be a bubble team at worst next year, even if Collins leaves.

I agree with this, but I'm more optimistic than most. Bringing in Chaundee, a borderline five star, at our position of most need. I'm also expecting Big Sam to show huge improvement next year, and Doral could improve as well. If crawford keeps improving he'll be all-acc, we'll have Key and a better Childress. HOPEFULLY if Sarr doesn't commit we can bring in a good grad transfer as well, preferably at the 4.

If we keep Collins well be a top 25 squad next year

Back