• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Offseason Thread

We need Alex Gibbs to come out of retirement for a couple of years and help us out. Dude invented zone blocking schemes.

What does the DL coach mean by "make him go lateral"? I thought all our guys did was block straight ahead b/c we can't block laterally. Of course I don't know OL technique so I'm probably misinterpreting something. We've had piss-poor OLs ever since Grobe, with Lobo failing and Heimbach failing, and now apparently Tabbacca failing. Something's bloody wrong somewhere.
It appears that our guys will lock up a DL, wait for him to commit to a gap and then try to push him past the hole. That may be why the backfield just stops until a hole opens up. What ever the design is, it's a gigantic failure.

It appears that our guys will lock up a DL, wait for him to commit to a gap and then try to push him past the hole. That may be why the backfield just stops until a hole opens up. What ever the design is, it's a gigantic failure.

This is what the DL coach is saying about making the OL go lateral. Make the O-lineman move either left or right to engage the DL. The DL gets one shoulder of the OL, then turns him and gets by quickly and easily.

I realize Northwestern is on the rise, but I don't know that they get mentioned as part of Duke's "brutal" schedule. That said, I'm glad Duke is not playing four patsies, and especially and finally glad to say the same about the Wolfpack. They are due to be bullied a bit after all the bullying they've tried to put on softer smaller programs. (Note to tau, tintin et al: I understand some of that was due to scheduling snafus.)

No argument from me. I think this and next season are where NCSU "breaks out" with DD if it's going to happen. His guys are in place and are more than seasoned. Decent QB play and I think we can make some noise and actually beat someone that matters. 8-4 is where I think we need to be this season if DD is going to make it.

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/Wake-Forest-transfer-Donatell-gives-WKU-added-depth-at-tight-end-382953541.html
Wake-Forest-transfer-Donatell-gives-WKU-added-depth-at-tight-end-382953541.html

I forgot that Steve Donatell came to Wake as a QB.

I realize Northwestern is on the rise, but I don't know that they get mentioned as part of Duke's "brutal" schedule. That said, I'm glad Duke is not playing four patsies, and especially and finally glad to say the same about the Wolfpack. They are due to be bullied a bit after all the bullying they've tried to put on softer smaller programs. (Note to tau, tintin et al: I understand some of that was due to scheduling snafus.)

1-Northwestern plays in a B10 that is on the rise and last year NW did go 10-3.
2-NW won at Duke 19-10 so playing @ NW would make that an even tougher game.

How many Grobe recruits are on the roster going into Year 3 of the Clawson regime?

How many Grobe recruits are on the roster going into Year 3 of the Clawson regime?

*Cameron Glenn
Marquel Lee
*John Wolford
Jalen Latter
Wendell Dunn
*Cortez Lewis
John Armstrong
Mike Weaver
Dezmond Wortham
*Isaiah Robinson
Ryan Janvion
Josh Okonye
Brad Watson
Thomas Brown
Charles Argenzio
*Demetrius Kemp
*Thomas Dillon
*Jaboree Williams
Josh Banks
Julian Jackson
*Kalin McNeil
*Nick Luedeke
Grant Dawson
Duke Ejiofor
*A'Lique Terry
Ali Lamot
Josh Harris
Taylor Chambers
*Ryan Anderson
Tyler Hayworth
Cameron Gardner
Cam Serigne
Jared Crump
Shelldon Lewinson

* = Committed to Grobe, retained by Clawson

*Cameron Glenn
Marquel Lee
*John Wolford
Jalen Latter
Wendell Dunn
*Cortez Lewis
John Armstrong
Mike Weaver
Dezmond Wortham
*Isaiah Robinson
Ryan Janvion
Josh Okonye
Brad Watson
Thomas Brown
Charles Argenzio
*Demetrius Kemp
*Thomas Dillon
*Jaboree Williams
Josh Banks
Julian Jackson
*Kalin McNeil
*Nick Luedeke
Grant Dawson
Duke Ejiofor
*A'Lique Terry
Ali Lamot
Josh Harris
Taylor Chambers
*Ryan Anderson
Tyler Hayworth
Cameron Gardner
Cam Serigne
Jared Crump
Shelldon Lewinson

* = Committed to Grobe, retained by Clawson

Still the nucleus of the team, especially on defense.

Between Grobe and Clawson, we have had some solid defenses *knocks on wood*. I see claw really working on recruiting playmakers on offense, hopefully it materializes.

Clawson walked into a perfect situation defensively. That side of the ball was set for the foreseeable future.

Clawson walked into a perfect situation defensively. That side of the ball was set for the foreseeable future.

Yep; but the offensive situation was as dismal as the defensive was hopeful. And it remains to be seen if Clawson can improve the situation. I want to be optimistic, but the evidence is weak.

Yep; but the offensive situation was as dismal as the defensive was hopeful. And it remains to be seen if Clawson can improve the situation. I want to be optimistic, but the evidence is weak.

I think the offense was among the worst in the country, so I'm not overly concerned that we are now just bad at offense.

We would have to improve to be just bad on offense.

Back