• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

big-brain-point-finger-at-forehead.gif

Think 9 a.m. is out as a possibility.

Things are constantly evolving as they keep talking to meteorologists. But nobody involved wants Wake to finish a game around 10 tonight and be back on a field within less than 12 hours.

It’s pretty simple…

Win tonight then let the tornados and hurricanes commence over the weekend!

Crown us champs along with having our guys with really fresh arms next weekend.

It’s pretty simple…

Win tonight then let the tornados and hurricanes commence over the weekend!

Crown us champs along with having our guys with really fresh arms next weekend.
Yep, or play early tomorrow and just forfeit tonight if the turnaround is an issue.

Not sure how this Duke closer has a sub 1 ERA when apparently all he throws is fastballs (90%). It’s a meaningless game, but Miami just took him yard back to back to tie it up in the bottom of the 8th.

Not sure how this Duke closer has a sub 1 ERA when apparently all he throws is fastballs (90%). It’s a meaningless game, but Miami just took him yard back to back to tie it up in the bottom of the 8th.
Sullivan almost exclusively throws fastballs too. It’s still the best pitch in baseball if you can locate. Most successful pitchers have some pretty deceptive deliveries and fastball movement.

I have to tell all of you I don't post much and my only connection to Rake Forest is Coach Walter, but I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread this year. I'm not religious and my wife always asks why I say a prayer every Friday and of course its to pray for the families of the boys that have to face Rhett. Thank you for making me laugh all season and I hope to meet some of you on Omaha. Your baseball knowledge and insight is second to none.

I have to tell all of you I don't post much and my only connection to Rake Forest is Coach Walter, but I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread this year. I'm not religious and my wife always asks why I say a prayer every Friday and of course its to pray for the families of the boys that have to face Rhett. Thank you for making me laugh all season and I hope to meet some of you on Omaha. Your baseball knowledge and insight is second to none.
you don't read all the posts do you....

I have to tell all of you I don't post much and my only connection to Rake Forest is Coach Walter, but I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread this year. I'm not religious and my wife always asks why I say a prayer every Friday and of course it’s to pray for the families of the boys that have to face Rhett. Thank you for making me laugh all season and I hope to meet some of you on Omaha. Your baseball knowledge and insight is second to none.
we’re all Lowder Day Saints here, welcome brother.

Not for nothing, but with Alabama and Georgia jobs open. Currie needs to get Walter a big fat extension
SEC money doesn't mess around

Was reading Wake’s 990 today. Walter was making less than $500K as of a few years ago.

Next question would be tv coverage. Who gets ACCN and who gets relegated to ACCx. Or if ESPN picks up one on the U or something

Back