• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

serious question: is it ever too frustrating to be a big fan of such a high-variance sport?

seems like it would drive me nuts
MLB is worse. Like the Braves are leading the East, World Series contenders, and just lost 2 of 3 to the A’s who may be the worst team in baseball history. College doesn’t have as much of that as MLB.

I just realized that I've got a brand new Weber Traveler (grill) and nothing do for ~3 hours between the games tomorrow...

I'm gonna set up near the hill between Groves & Couch.

BYOB & anything you'd like on the grill.

The password to the event is: RJsucks.

I'll be the (likely) dehydrated dude in the Lowder jersey.

Negative nancies are unwelcome.

People like DDB can come, but only if they repent for their sins.

Screenshot_20230601-182217.png

That's fascinating. I wonder if that alters anything about Northeastern's choices. I've assumed Cabral would go against Maryland but maybe they go with the second arm instead tomorrow?

Tomorrow's game SHOULD depend heavily on how well Maryland offense v. Northeastern pitching shakes out. I'd expect Northeastern to put up 5 runs and it just depends on how Maryland can get to the starter. The top part of the Huskies lineup (but really Sirota and Maldonado) can absolutely rake.

Also Wake should absolutely try to get Maldonado as a transfer. He's a freshman outfielder hitting .357 with 13 homers.

I just realized that I've got a brand new Weber Traveler (grill) and nothing do for ~3 hours between the games tomorrow...

I'm gonna set up near the hill between Groves & Couch.

BYOB & anything you'd like on the grill.

The password to the event is: RJsucks.

I'll be the (likely) dehydrated dude in the Lowder jersey.

Negative nancies are unwelcome.

People like DDB can come, but only if they repent for their sins.

View attachment 3664
I’ve changed my tune! I won’t be there tomorrow but I’ll be there Saturday and Sunday!

Was talking to the stepson today. Turns out their whole team watched a ton of Wake games this year. A lot of them obviously know and are rooting for JJ. And my kid of course was a teammate of Marek and found out tonight he trained at the same gym and did some catching work with Bennett here in town.

His comments: Wake is so gross. They are not weak anywhere. It’s ridiculous how good they are. Better than Tennessee last year.

Then he dropped this…you know they’re gonna break your heart and lose in the supers right ?

Yes. Yes I do.

I was having dinner with my folks tonight in Central New Jersey. Randomly heard some guy two booths over from us that spent a solid 10 minutes just talking about how good Wake Forest baseball was this year.

Also, the family wedding I'm being dragged to this weekend (instead of going to Winston) is a town over from Nicky Nukes' hometown. This makes me feel better about our odds.

Back