• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Nice to see ACCN is broadcasting the unranked Tarholes play Iowa rather than the overall #1 seed who is hosting.

Wake is even odds at -5.5 on the run line. I saw Maryland was +140 -1.5 yesterday and the ML odds were Maryland -105 Northeastern +130

Join me today as I chat both the Northeastern and Wake games LIVE here on this thread.

Speaking of...do we want to start a new thread for the sub regionals or individual games, echoing @IAppreciateIt from last week?

Got a few bets down to make today even MORE fun.

1u UVA -3.5 (-110)
2u Clemson ML (-305)
1u Wake -5.5 (+100)
1u Oregon ML (-155)
1u Duke -1.5 (-105)

Glhf

Look at this piece of shit
220px-George_Mason.jpg

You think this dick slap could hit a changeup?

The WF run line is insane. WF didn't lay that many runs against crappy midweek teams starting a freshman reliever. Expect WF to win, but GMU is throwing its #1 and has a rested bullpen. Books are afraid of college baseball; the juice that books are tacking on to straight up lines makes it betting prohibitive. Don't see any bargains. Wanted to take ECU, but not laying -165 to -180 against the defending runner-up.

The WF run line is insane. WF didn't lay that many runs against crappy midweek teams starting a freshman reliever. Expect WF to win, but GMU is throwing its #1 and has a rested bullpen. Books are afraid of college baseball; the juice that books are tacking on to straight up lines makes it betting prohibitive. Don't see any bargains. Wanted to take ECU, but not laying -165 to -180 against the defending runner-up.
Vegas is surely aware that even statues of george mason look like he gambled on a fart and lost big time, so they know what they are doing.

3000.jpeg

I don't have to be a historian to know this cat shit his pants.

I think Wake -5.5 is printing today. Especially compared to other games with a -5.5 runline (Coastal who is a much smaller favorite on the ML).

I firmly see this one 14-3 territory and getting ugly early.

I think Wake -5.5 is printing today. Especially compared to other games with a -5.5 runline (Coastal who is a much smaller favorite on the ML).

I firmly see this one 14-3 territory and getting ugly early.
Hope you are right, but think that the -5.5 is ridiculous, and you are paying a premium because WF is the #1 team in the country. WF is typically overlooked and has value.

Not right now in baseball. With that said, hope WF scores 20 runs, but this is the NCAAT, not a midweek game against a freshman with 11 college innings and 12 ERA.

Last year 1 seeds went 10-6 ATS if the line was -5.5 and three of the six games that didn't cover were 5 run games.

I'm not taking GMU. Just think that the linemakers are overvaluing favorites, and adding in so much juice that the dogs aren't bargains either. Blows. Hope the juice is reduced as the tournament goes on. FWIW, I already have a future on WF at 40 to 1 when the CWS odds were first posted in the Winter (i have posted on it here back then encouraging all others to do the same). So, I'm already heavily invested in WF.

Oh for sure. I didn't think you were saying that GMU is the bet, just that the value isn't there for Wake runline either.

Back