• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

IMO, you need to see another season or two of great attendance, when we are a run of the mill top 15 team, before you commit to increasing capacity. Will people show up the way they did this year if we are just really good vs historically great ? Wake fans haven't really proven that in sports overall.
I generally agree with this, but if you are putting some structure out there on the LF corner, you might as well extend the club table seating out there. It's very popular early season when it's cold.

So the origin of "Make them feel you" is a Maya Angelou quote? That makes it much less awkward.

Hmmm. I liked the awkwardness of it. It was very sexual (though maybe some room for misinterpretation re: consent). But this is fine, too, I guess.

i think our power alley dimensions are a little deceptive. I think they must be measured where the wall juts out. Our park is small. and the ball flies out.
There is nothing wrong with that. Not sure why people get so upset when people say it is.
None of that had anything to do with why we won. If it psyches out the opposition so be it.
You’re 100% correct. It’s asinine. Everyone is playing on the same field. It’s not like we move the fences back when the opponent comes up to bat.

You’re 100% correct. It’s asinine. Everyone is playing on the same field. It’s not like we move the fences back when the opponent comes up to bat.
But it is still a factor. You build teams at times to play in specific ballparks. Teams that play in cavernous places are built for speed. I have no doubt our ballpark gives us an advantage, but it's one they earned the right to have. so be it.

But it is still a factor. You build teams at times to play in specific ballparks. Teams that play in cavernous places are built for speed. I have no doubt our ballpark gives us an advantage, but it's one they earned the right to have. so be it.
Yep. It’s the one major team sport where the playing field differs and that’s fine. MLB teams certainly build for their parks.

I’ll just go on assuming that as far as we hit the ball and as good as our multiple ace staff is that we’ve built our squad for the ballpark in Omaha.

Back