• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Walter apparently said that Cecere tweaked his hammy but was moving around well. I’m not optimistic we’ll see him this weekend. Sucks because this is a huge series.

Interested a bit in throwing Keener and Cam last night. I assume they were both on pitch counts and it was a planned bullpen throw day anyway?

Not sure if Walter touched on that after the game.

based on what I heard at game last night, I expect Lee to be back in a few weeks, but not this weekend

When is the last time we had a home regular season series as big as the one that starts Friday?

Walter probably will tell us he'll be back for Friday.
I've got last night's postgame with Walter on our YouTube page and we've had EXTENSIVE coverage of Wake Forest Baseball all season. Previews, game stories, weekly recaps and features over at Demon Deacon Digest. Our goal is to provide the absolute best coverage of any college baseball team anywhere this season, assuming the team continues to live up to their end of the bargain (which they have so far).

Last edited:
Les...great work, but what does your response have to do with 27's comment above?

I know y'all do a great job Les! I was just jabbing Walter for his proclivity to downplaying injuries as a whole!

Les...great work, but what does your response have to do with 27's comment above?
It means I have the postgame video so he can hear exactly what Walter said about the injury. Nothing evil intended in the least.

I know y'all do a great job Les! I was just jabbing Walter for his proclivity to downplaying injuries as a whole!
Given how much he worked out before the game, I thought Bennett Lee might actually be back this weekend. Walter downplayed that possibility, to be honest.

Yeah I think regardless of what Walter says, there's solid reasons to take his comments on injuries with a grain of salt. I don't know why at this point he even says anything other than "we're taking it day by day" or "I'm not going to be able to comment on injuries" until there's a concrete answer.

I really don't mind Walter's (or Clawson's) strategy with injuries. It really doesn't affect me that much as a fan to not know the exact timetable that a player might return in.

I understand those that get annoyed by it, but I've kinda just come to accept that I'll learn whether a player is healthy enough to play an hour before the game on Twitter and that's fine with me.

Assuming the youtube video is not behind a paywall, can someone share what he said about Cecere?

I really don't mind Walter's (or Clawson's) strategy with injuries. It really doesn't affect me that much as a fan to not know the exact timetable that a player might return in.

I understand those that get annoyed by it, but I've kinda just come to accept that I'll learn whether a player is healthy enough to play an hour before the game on Twitter and that's fine with me.
I get annoyed when we get things like we did with McGraw (he’d have started if this was a conference series) that just clearly are not true. I’d much prefer a “no comment” or “it’s day to day.”

I get annoyed when we get things like we did with McGraw (he’d have started if this was a conference series) that just clearly are not true. I’d much prefer a “no comment” or “it’s day to day.”

This is my point. Don't point me to Coach's pressers for injury news because his initial McGraw update (to the public) was simply not true. I'm not saying it turned out to be untrue...I'm saying the public update was absolutely counter to known facts/diagnosis at the time. There was zero chance of him playing that weekend or any near-term weekend.

Again, this approach is all fine, I guess.

I really like the Clawson approach...tight-lipped and keep everyone guessing.

Back