• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Was wondering if folks thought Keener could start on Tuesday against Coastal. He went 3.1 I think yesterday. We also don’t play on Friday and have Wofford, HPU on Saturday and Sunday. It would be a great opportunity to showcase him, albeit against a very good hitting club.

Was wondering if folks thought Keener could start on Tuesday against Coastal. He went 3.1 I think yesterday. We also don’t play on Friday and have Wofford, HPU on Saturday and Sunday. It would be a great opportunity to showcase him, albeit against a very good hitting club.
I’d love if we approached that like a must win. It’s our highest remaining regular season RPI game this season, and could end up being our highest remaining overall (they are currently 8th).

Last edited:
Coach literally said in the post game presser today that Keener v Coastal was the plan.

Looking ahead, is Wednesday’s game vs App in Shelby not watchable on any platform/channel?

Todays starter has a WHIP of 2 and goes roughly 4 innings a start. Ts and Ps to his friends and family.

49 hits and 22 walks in 35 innings.

Hartle is one of the best five pitchers in the country in defense independent pitching

Todays starter has a WHIP of 2 and goes roughly 4 innings a start. Ts and Ps to his friends and family.

49 hits and 22 walks in 35 innings.

Hartle is one of the best five pitchers in the country in defense independent pitching

That’s interesting. With a WHIP of 2 I’d expect more BB. This guy just gets beat up…

I’m surprised his ERA isn’t worse with 49 hits allowed in 35 innings. I mean 6+ isn’t good but it could be WAY worse with over 1.3 hits an inning allowed

Anyways, we’re gonna feast on this guy and chase him by the end of the third.

This team is fun to watch especially with Rhett pitching. This may be the best all around team in any sport Wake has had in quite awhile. Hopefully they can pay it off with postseason success.
If this team goes to Omaha it’s hard to say it’s not the best wake sports team any sport all time.

Anything can happen once you get to Omaha but making it to the CWS and if we finish the regular season strong it would be the most dominant team I can think of any sport for a season.

Back