• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Good point. I forgot he only committed last February. I guess if Forbes sees a HS kid he really likes, he'll take him.

Or has a relationship with.
I would guess we have our eye on some transfers. That is the Forbes genius. Would imagine Sallis spot will be open as NBA gotta love a 6’5” shooting guard with bounce & handles.

Court ruling in the fall of 2023 effectively eliminated the prohibition on two time transfers. That could impact Wake both ways.

I would guess we have our eye on some transfers. That is the Forbes genius. Would imagine Sallis spot will be open as NBA gotta love a 6’5” shooting guard with bounce & handles.
Hoping we have our eyes on Florida's Riley Kugel. He was a pre-season All-SEC Second Team who has played just 9 minutes total over the Gators' last two games. Averaging 9.8 ppg on 38.4% shooting after averaging 9.9 ppg on 45.6% (37.6% from 3-point range) as a freshman. He is an incredible talent whose confidence has taken a huge hit this season. He had 24 points in UF's loss to Wake back in November. Coach Forbes can definitely point to Tyree's success in transferring from UF to Wake.

Hoping we have our eyes on Florida's Riley Kugel. He was a pre-season All-SEC Second Team who has played just 9 minutes total over the Gators' last two games. Averaging 9.8 ppg on 38.4% shooting after averaging 9.9 ppg on 45.6% (37.6% from 3-point range) as a freshman. He is an incredible talent whose confidence has taken a huge hit this season. He had 24 points in UF's loss to Wake back in November. Coach Forbes can definitely point to Tyree's success in transferring from UF to Wake.
Kugel is one transfer away from being a first round draft pick and the ACC player of the year.

Last edited:
Love watching him play too. That would be so dope if he came to Wake

Kugel has been getting fewer minutes because the perception is he's a ball stopper on offense and he also has difficulty finishing at the rim (which is weird given his size). If his 3 point shot isn't falling, he isn't helping your offense. Golden is an efficiency guy and I think he believes the offense flows better without Kugel dominating the ball.

But he certainly has talent... No disputing that.

I don’t think we have any idea who is returning for next year.

I forgot where I put this yesterday, but just in case.

Throw some NIL money at Dubar from Hofstra.

He will fly under the radar some since he is at Hofstra, but we need guys like him.

Strong, good scorer, good rebounder, can defend at the 3 and 4 positions no problem.

And can run the floor and dunk with authority, too.

Hofstra is far from under the radar for Power V teams. The CAA is a middle-tier conference.

With the always expanding staffs of college basketball programs, among their duties is to breakdown every roster of every D-1 program for the after the season transfer portal. Guarantee WF and the other Power V programs have a file on every D-1 player with eligibility remaining. Wouldn't be surprised if it has advanced to the point that there is an NIL dollar value assigned to every player with eligibility remaining so they have an easy value reference guide.

Also, Dubar started out at Iowa State before transferring to Hofstra; he was offered by Marquette, K State, Auburn and Iowa State out of HS; so, there are already lots of Power V connections to him.

Aren't there over 4000 players in D1? Doesn't seem like the best use of resources keeping tabs on every single one of them. Surely teams must draw a line in the sand somewhere?

Aren't there over 4000 players in D1? Doesn't seem like the best use of resources keeping tabs on every single one of them. Surely teams must draw a line in the sand somewhere?
That's recruiting nowadays.

Back