• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Expect a minimal contribution and be happy with anything more. He might pop. But he shouldn’t be expected to do so.

Yeah, I don't mind him waiting a year while our portal HAUL rolls in

Juke is ranked right around the same range as Parker, Keller, Hildreth, Carter Whitt, Mucius
Wasn't he top-50 ish? Only Mucius was in that range at some point of all those guys.

I am hoping he can definitely do more than 10 mins/game as a freshman.That is almost half of what Parker got this season.

I was assuming he would be better than Parker.

Wasn't he top-50 ish? Only Mucius was in that range at some point of all those guys.

I am hoping he can definitely do more than 10 mins/game as a freshman.That is almost half of what Parker got this season.

If we had the roster we thought we’d have Parker would have gotten around 10 mins/game too.

I am tentatively excited about next year’s roster. Most minutes returning (maybe injury tweeks Sallis returning, I hope not the reason but no idea on status of injury), everyone with another year and getting healthy. Juke is going to be a heck of a player in Forbes offense…wings kill!

Expecting transfer portal PG and Big (if another transfers or Sallis). If another wing, will be disappointed (unless drop dead shooter).

juke is just inside the top 100 from what I can tell

juke is just inside the top 100 from what I can tell
He's 71st on Rivals. He was 40th in Sept. of 2022, and 37th last spring in an update about a week before he committed.

He dropped to 55th after the summer AAU circuit because he didn't shoot from the outside very well over the summer. And then was 71st on Signing Day.

As I've said before, I think recruiting rankings suck major ass. For a long list of reasons. I don't think he drops if he's committed to some of the other schools in his final list, like Tennessee or Miami.

I think he's better than No. 71 and think the idea that he can just be a 10 minutes/game player, semi-developmental piece for next year is setting the bar too low.

I think he's better than No. 71 and think the idea that he can just be a 10 minutes/game player, semi-developmental piece for next year is setting the bar too low.
Meh, I don't think anyone was saying that a 10 mpg developmental piece is Juke's freshman year ceiling, more so that it's a reasonable expectation. It's probably closer to his floor than ceiling, but it's probably not far off what the average outcome is going to be.

If we don't land multiple meaningful pieces in the portal his mpg will be higher than that out of necessity, but that's a different conversation.

At the risk of incurring Conner O'Neal's wrath, I would be okay with a Strickland-esque freshman year from Juke, with better shooting.

Trent averaged 12.2 mpg, 37.7 FG% (ouch), 78.8 FT%, 1.9 rpg, 0.6 apg, and 4.3 ppg. He finished 8th on the (very good) 2003 team in mpg, and 7th in ppg. Assuming we add a couple of solid, day-one contributors in the portal, I think that's fine.

Meh, I don't think anyone was saying that a 10 mpg developmental piece is Juke's freshman year ceiling, more so that it's a reasonable expectation. It's probably closer to his floor than ceiling, but it's probably not far off what the average outcome is going to be.

If we don't land multiple meaningful pieces in the portal his mpg will be higher than that out of necessity, but that's a different conversation.
Yeah, poorly worded by me, didn't mean to imply that's what people are saying his ceiling is. I do think he can come in and be a double-digit scorer next season but that's also tied in to what happens in the portal.

At the risk of incurring Conner O'Neal's wrath, I would be okay with a Strickland-esque freshman year from Juke, with better shooting.

Trent averaged 12.2 mpg, 37.7 FG% (ouch), 78.8 FT%, 1.9 rpg, 0.6 apg, and 4.3 ppg. He finished 8th on the (very good) 2003 team in mpg, and 7th in ppg. Assuming we add a couple of solid, day-one contributors in the portal, I think that's fine.
Whose wrath?! I'm calm, I'm really calm, I'M SO FUCKING CALM.

I think he's got a game that translates well with Wake's style. And I think he's got strong character and support, i.e. he won't be overwhelmed by the transition to college.

Yeah, poorly worded by me, didn't mean to imply that's what people are saying his ceiling is. I do think he can come in and be a double-digit scorer next season but that's also tied in to what happens in the portal.

Whose wrath?! I'm calm, I'm really calm, I'M SO FUCKING CALM.

I think he's got a game that translates well with Wake's style. And I think he's got strong character and support, i.e. he won't be overwhelmed by the transition to college.
Regardless, good to hear that you have a high opinion of Juke.

Wake hasn't had a freshman come in and be a top 5 player on the team in years, and the only ones I can think of in the last decade would be Mucius, Crawford, and Collins. So if there's a chance Juke is going to do that (on a much more talented team than those guys did it), that's cause for a lot of optimism.

the 2004 and 2005 teams were deep - any of these guys would start for any team put together by bz, manning, or forbes

JGray
CP3
Eric Williams
Vytas
Levy
Strickland
Downey

Plus Visser

I do not think Collins had the opportunity to be a top 5 player as a freshman. Understandable for such a loaded team that won one game in the last two months of the season.

I do not think Collins had the opportunity to be a top 5 player as a freshman. Understandable for such a loaded team that won one game in the last two months of the season.
Yeah, looking back on it he was outside the top 5 as a freshman in MPG and PPG. Meanwhile Crawford led the team in minutes.

Collins got less minutes as a freshman than 7 guys, including Rondale Watson and Cornelius Hudson. Pretty mind-blowing to go from that to a first round draft pick the next year.

And yet, completely on brand that manning didn't use nba talent that was right there on his bench.

He's 71st on Rivals. He was 40th in Sept. of 2022, and 37th last spring in an update about a week before he committed.

He dropped to 55th after the summer AAU circuit because he didn't shoot from the outside very well over the summer. And then was 71st on Signing Day.

As I've said before, I think recruiting rankings suck major ass. For a long list of reasons. I don't think he drops if he's committed to some of the other schools in his final list, like Tennessee or Miami.

I think he's better than No. 71 and think the idea that he can just be a 10 minutes/game player, semi-developmental piece for next year is setting the bar too low.Re
He has an all conference name. so he has that going for him. Really could use a point guard and a big power forward with inside game. If we had a Tyree type player that would have made a big difference although I like all our guards, just don't have true point.

Back