• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

That’s why Les’ post seems hard to believe. I don’t quite understand the logic.
I actually think Les's post is on point (and consistent with takes that I got hammered by 247donks for making).

What's hard to believe about it?

I actually think Les's post is on point (and consistent with takes that I got hammered by 247donks for making).

What's hard to believe about it?
Hard to be specific without spoiling the scoop. I'll PM you.

247 costs $10 per month. If you are a WF fan and want the scoop, that’s a bargain.

Again (and probably not for the last time), I'd join both of those sites today if they left the nineties behind and allowed easy online cancellations. Any company whose 2023 business plan involves making it hard for people to remove your hand from their pockets so you can maybe squeeze a few more dollars out of them should not expect my support.

It's a small thing, sure. But something that really rubs me the wrong way.

Hard to be specific without spoiling the scoop. I'll PM you.
Let's take the chat to premium ogboards v4
That's the one for premium og-247 members to chat SCOOPS. I don't engage over there (no fault of les, cam, or some others). Some of thise donks would drive me nuts if I wanted to engage.

Meh, Les runs a great site and I think produces some really good content/insider info. The cancellation stuff is annoying but that’s bc 247 sucks, not DDD. Les is way better than almost all of the folks who have covered Wake sports in the past. I’m a subscriber and will def stick around. (And it’s not like I’m gonna give that Duke donk any of my hard earned cash.)

Cam is a weird dude tho

Meh, Les runs a great site and I think produces some really good content/insider info. The cancellation stuff is annoying but that’s bc 247 sucks, not DDD. Les is way better than almost all of the folks who have covered Wake sports in the past. I’m a subscriber and will def stick around. (And it’s not like I’m gonna give that Duke donk any of my hard earned cash.)

Cam is a weird dude tho
Yeah, people trying to make a living in a shrinking industry suck.

I wonder if there is a correlation between people who are unwilling to shuck out $5/$10 a month to Wake journalists and bad tippers.

Way I see it, they're doing the work to provide stories that are often parroted on here to varying degrees. You don't have to go through all the threads on 247, but I feel like if you're here, you should probably be "donating" to the guys providing the majority of the inside content we have.

I wonder if there is a correlation between people who are unwilling to shuck out $5/$10 a month to Wake journalists and bad tippers.

Way I see it, they're doing the work to provide stories that are often parroted on here to varying degrees. You don't have to go through all the threads on 247, but I feel like if you're here, you should probably be "donating" to the guys providing the majority of the inside content we have.
Nope, I happily supported Conor when he did the substack thing (wish our fanbase was big enough to have made that viable long term, that was great).

I just don't like not being able to easily control my subscriptions in the year 2023. Anything with predatory sub models that auto renews at full/higher prices and doesn't allow for easy subscription management is just tough to support.

Just hate having shit like this happen to you, and they won't even refund/you're on the hook for that year payment no matter what:

It'd be like choosing to tip well at a restaurant once/while you're financially comfortable enough to be eating out, and then being forced to tip again a year later when you may not be in the same situation, if you want to use your analogy.

In this analogy insider scoop is maybe appetizers and condiments. The meal that compels us to have discussions is the reported news and actual games. Extra content is fine for those who want it but I wouldn’t criticize people who don’t want it.

I guess I just haven't gone through the un-subscribe process. Given Cookout's credentials, if he struggled with it then it must be a gigantic pain in the ass.

I do resonate with a yearly subscription chunking you seemingly out of the blue though. It's much easier to track if they charge each month, even if you're subscribed for a year.

Cam is a weird dude tho
I don’t understand the Cam hate, sure he’s made mistakes in the past but he’s a good dude who brings quality insight and makes DDD really worth it.

It’s pretty easy to understand because he’s a complete dick to members of the fan base for absolutely no reason.

Yep. Just a weird dude. That’s not even hate. I’m sure we’d get along irl, but he’s a weird dude.

Back