• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football / Military Bowl Thread

How did Wolford manage to get Cam all those touches the last two years, but somehow can't throw over the middle to him this year?

I doubt defenses would put 8 in the box to stop Hinton. He's much more effective using the edges in the read option. I think all of Wolford's long runs were up the middle on designed runs or scrambles. Not to mention Hinton throws a better deep ball than Wolford.

Although I agree that Hinton > Wolford overall, but I think Wolford has the better deep ball, accuracy in general. Our WRs have zero separation. Cam has that ability, we need him.

Although I agree that Hinton > Wolford overall, but I think Wolford has the better deep ball, accuracy in general. Our WRs have zero separation. Cam has that ability, we need him.

Wolford would under throw me and I run a 29.6 second 40. The timer fell asleep twice before I got there.

No way Hinton is worse on the deep ball.

laugh out freaking loud

Here's a stat that I looked at this weekend:

Wake had 8 pass plays of 35 or more yards this season. Hinton and Kearns were responsible for half of those. Given, not all of those were deep balls. Some were catch and runs. But I thought it was still an interesting stat.

At least we got a bowl invite. Better than the past bowless seasons. Lastly, we didn't get stuck with a shitty opponent.

Here's a stat that I looked at this weekend:

Wake had 8 pass plays of 35 or more yards this season. Hinton and Kearns were responsible for half of those. Given, not all of those were deep balls. Some were catch and runs. But I thought it was still an interesting stat.
Hinton had 2 long passes in the Duke game, and Kearns had a long pass and a screen that went for big yardage in the Clemson game. John Wolford is just not a good quarterback at this level. How much more evidence does one need?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
At least we got a bowl invite. Better than the past bowless seasons. Lastly, we didn't get stuck with a shitty opponent.

After seeing what Temple did to Navy, this game could get ugly fast.

O/U on the number of people who tune in to this who aren't affiliated with either school - 12?

O/U on the number of people who tune in to this who aren't affiliated with either school - 12?

Don't forget the betting public. Also, there are a ton of people home from work/school between Christmas and New Years who like to lay around and watch football; the game will get a decent TV audience if it's competitive.

Not saying that WF/Temple is Michigan/Florida State, but look at some of the other Bowl matchups that America's viewing public may not be dying to see:

Gildan New Mexico Bowl - New Mexico v. UTSA
Miami Beach Bowl - Central Michigan v. Tulsa
Popeyes Bahamas Bowl - Eastern Michigan v. Old Dominion
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl - Colorado State v. Idaho
Dollar General Bowl - Ohio v. Troy
Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl - North Texas v. Army
Hawaii Bowl - Hawaii v. Middle Tennessee St.
St. Pete Bowl - Miss. State v. Miami (Ohio)

Bolded teams have 7 losses.

Don't forget the betting public. Also, there are a ton of people home from work/school between Christmas and New Years who like to lay around and watch football; the game will get a decent TV audience if it's competitive.

Not saying that WF/Temple is Michigan/Florida State, but look at some of the other Bowl matchups that America's viewing public may not be dying to see:

Gildan New Mexico Bowl - New Mexico v. UTSA
Miami Beach Bowl - Central Michigan v. Tulsa
Popeyes Bahamas Bowl - Eastern Michigan v. Old Dominion
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl - Colorado State v. Idaho
Dollar General Bowl - Ohio v. Troy
Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl - North Texas v. Army
Hawaii Bowl - Hawaii v. Middle Tennessee St.
St. Pete Bowl - Miss. State v. Miami (Ohio)

Bolded teams have 7 losses.

I feel badly for the Miami of Ohio fans already.

Hinton had 2 long passes in the Duke game, and Kearns had a long pass and a screen that went for big yardage in the Clemson game. John Wolford is just not a good quarterback at this level. How much more evidence does one need?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

And what worked about that screen is that Kearns got it out much faster than Wolford usually does.

Number of people who tune in =\= number of people who care

And come on guys, lighten up! Wake Forest hit the fucking jackpot: ranked opponent, at a central accessible location, not on the day after Christmas!

Number of people who tune in =\= number of people who care

And come on guys, lighten up! Wake Forest hit the fucking jackpot: ranked opponent, at a central accessible location, not on the day after Christmas!

TITCR. Haters wanna hate. The reality is that Belk Bowl was always a long shot. Annapolis was probably our most desired location of the bowls that were available to us even at 8-4.

And what worked about that screen is that Kearns got it out much faster than Wolford usually does.

If we are talking about the same play, Kearns looked downfield for like 2-3 seconds before checking down to Wade, who then made like 4-5 guys miss. It wasn't a screen play at all---in fact, Wade was probably the escape route if all other routes failed/were covered. He made a good read through his progressions, but in no way did he get the ball out fast. The line just happened to block for long enough on that play. Like 5-10 yards were Kearns responsibility, the rest were all gained by Wade with his YAC.

If we are talking about the same play, Kearns looked downfield for like 2-3 seconds before checking down to Wade, who then made like 4-5 guys miss. It wasn't a screen play at all---in fact, Wade was probably the escape route if all other routes failed/were covered. He made a good read through his progressions, but in no way did he get the ball out fast. The line just happened to block for long enough on that play. Like 5-10 yards were Kearns responsibility, the rest were all gained by Wade with his YAC.

#YAClivesmatter

Of course we're talking about the same play. Kearns pump faked to Wade, went through his progressions, and came back to hit Wade in the flat with a timely, quick pass. Wolford doesn't go through his progressions quickly enough or put enough velocity on the ball to give Wade the time to make that play. Decent chance Wolford turtles or scrambles there as Kearns was facing pressure.

LOL at characterizing a QB quickly going through his progressions as "looked downfield for like 2-3 seconds."

See the play here at 1:25:00. Colburn's 22 yard run is the play before.

Back