• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Loh was all over this thread 2 weeks ago after we lost a recruit to Duke. He even suggested Clawson's long-term contract may have led to recruiting complacency. Good call.

This top 75 player means nothing because he didn't have hats set up.

Keep in mind those are Brendon Clark's stats for his SOPHOMORE year in high school when he was the starting QB. Just sick. This could be CJ Leak level big!

2019 WR Donovan Greene from Mt. Airy might be the next to commit. WFU has offered and he is ready to pull the trigger. We were the first school to offer but ECU, UNC, and VT are closing in. Greene is also a fine hoopster who will probably be a D1 basketball prospect.

Last edited:
No real surprise, but destin coats to Purdue. He was a RB we were looking at and I'm not sure where he was on our priority list. I believe Nwanze is our top priority now at the position.

"Of course, the real question isn’t how Clark committed. It’s why. Why would Clark choose Wake Forest after accumulating just three scholarship offers? Why Wake rather than some other football power that’s sure to come calling? And why make this announcement before his junior season has even started?"

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/brendon-clark-wake-forest-football-recruiting/amp

The questions are valid ones, and may persist for at least the season ahead. For now, the gunslinger quarterback will get back to refining his accuracy and preparing for an even bigger junior season … and conceivably his future in Winston-Salem.

CJ Leake was a bigger shock. During SEC media interviews, Saban said he would tell his targets that choosing Alabama was a forty year decision, not a four year one. Brendon wish to attend medical school had something to do with it. Also this is Claws old stomping grounds from his Richmond days.

It is nice when a solid 4 star QB commits this early. Hopefully, it will help attract other elite prospects to join the 2019 recruiting class.

It is nice when a solid 4 star QB commits this early. Hopefully, it will help attract other elite prospects to join the 2019 recruiting class.

Sam Hartman verballed July 12 last year. He was a 3* though.

This is a very nice trend to start 2 classes in a row. Actually this is the same time of the year we got commits from Beal and Maggio in the two prior classes.

Last edited:
Just saw a tweet that says that former 4-star WR commit Kam Uter was released by the Dodgers................

Kenneth Dicks crystall ball to Wake from Barton Simmons, dude is spot on with CBs.

Here are my notes on Wake's most recent commit:

CB/S KENNETH DICKS III (Lambert HS / Suwanee, GA)

P5 Offers: Wake Forest (May 9), Louisville (May 11), Rutgers (May 12), Iowa State (May 12), Syracuse (May 12), Maryland (May 12), Vanderbilt (May 17), Minnesota (May 18), West Virginia (May 18), Ole Miss (June 1), Kansas (June 3), Georgia Tech (June 4), Kentucky (June 28), Virginia (June 28)

Official Measures (From The Opening-Charlotte): 5’11.5 / 197. 4.51 40 (laser timed). 4.10 shuttle. 41 inch vertical. Overall SPARQ score of 139.8 is the #2 OVERALL SCORE IN THE COUNTRY THIS YEAR REGARDLESS OF POSITION.

Notes: #2 overall SPARQ score in the country. One of only 166 recruits to be invited to The Opening Finals in Beaverton, Oregon. VERY few three stars get invited to the event. He becomes the second finalist from The Opening to commit to Wake during the Clawson era (Taleni Suhren was the other). His performance at The Opening Regional in Charlotte solidified his status as a P5 recruit. Before that event he had a solid offer sheet of Sun Belt and Ivy League schools. He told an interviewer that Georgia Southern and Air Force were recruiting him the hardest at that point. Wake was the first P5 school to offer - on May 9, just two days after The Opening. Then 8 P5 schools followed with offers in a 9 day period. He eventually added 5 more P5 offers, including SEC schools Ole Miss and Kentucky. But his recruitment from then on was kept fairly quiet. It was thought that his parents were quite influential in his recruitment. I heard that he visited Auburn and Clemson (but didn’t draw an offer) and he went to a multiple-day camp at Alabama. Dicks reportedly carries a 3.5 GPA and an 1150 SAT.

I saw part of Dicks’ workout in person at The Opening. I can confirm that the guy is a physical specimen. Absolutely. Out of hundreds of kids at the event, he had one of the top three 40 times even though he weighed in at 197 pounds. I was also there for what they call the Fastest Man Showdown where the three fastest guys from the 40 yard testing go head-to-head in a 40 yard dash in front of all of the other participants. Dicks actually jumped out to a solid lead off the line before getting caught at the finish line (by Dre Bly’s son). He was very, very impressive.

Back