• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Do snapper's feet always jump like that when they long snap?

Looks like he played guard and center on his HS team as well. However his measurables (6'-0, 230) make him a little small to do that at the P5 level. If he grows up some...

His size is fine for a long snapper, and based on the videos, he's very good.
Welcome Noah!

Do snapper's feet always jump like that when they long snap?

Yes. Long snapping is kinda like a throwing or passing motion in reverse.
When you throw a ball forward, usually your body and feet go forward too. When you snap the ball backwards.......well, everything goes backwards.

Is Sam playing 7x7? That can't be good, can it? Or were they just in a 7x7 tournament over the summer and are able to play 11x11 football. Seems an odd move if playing 7x7.

It's 7 on 7 tournaments. They're all over the country (at least in the southeast) over the summer. Backs and receivers only. Great practice and competition for the skill positions.
Recently had one where I live. They had about 28 teams from about 10 different states. Several 4 and 5 star guys played

His size is fine for a long snapper, and based on the videos, he's very good.
Welcome Noah!

Yeah, he looked good long snapping. That should mean Wake has the next long snapper in the pipeline. Wake has had multiple guys do well at that job over the years. Unnoticed long snapper=good long snapper.

In his profile, he is listed as a G. A couple of his highlights showed him playing there and looking good (but then, who puts bad plays on a highlight?). I was looking at how he might look as a reserve O-lineman, and he is small for that.

Yeah, he looked good long snapping. That should mean Wake has the next long snapper in the pipeline. Wake has had multiple guys do well at that job over the years. Unnoticed long snapper=good long snapper.

In his profile, he is listed as a G. A couple of his highlights showed him playing there and looking good (but then, who puts bad plays on a highlight?). I was looking at how he might look as a reserve O-lineman, and he is small for that.

As a former G and LS, I know exactly where he's coming from.

Noticed long snapper=can cost you games

A good snapper is critical to keeping the kicking game successful. Noah looked like he was hitting both punters and holders right where they were expecting the ball to be. That is a good thing.

As a former G and LS, I know exactly where he's coming from.

Like that guy we had several years back. Can't remember his name. Four year starter. I think his mom worked at Wake.

That's it. Thanks.

Oh yeah. He was often the first one down the field.

I believe that LS Noah Turner will be a preferred walk-on.

Looks like Hartman followed Grier to a shitty program in a shitty south carolina private school conference. I wouldn't expect him to win many accolades this year. Substantive ones at least....

Looks like Hartman followed Grier to a shitty program in a shitty south carolina private school conference. I wouldn't expect him to win many accolades this year. Substantive ones at least....

Davidson Day doesn't have enough people to field a varsity team? What level of competition did he face there?

Back