• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

For those that like to criticize, they find themselves in the catbird seat with Harris:

- If he makes an NFL roster and accomplishes anything, they can use that as evidence to continue the never-ending desire to trash Grobe and staff;
- If Harris is an early NFL cut or never gets signed, they can further pile on a WF athlete for having his professional dreams crushed.

It's really quite perfect.

Look, nobody wanted Harris to become the player we thought he could be more than me. After the Va. Tech game his freshman year I thought he could possible go on to be one of the very best RB's we've ever had. I hope he makes it in the pros, it would be good for him and good for us to be honest. However, he didn't live up to even half of what I thought he might at Wake, some of that is on coaching and the O-line play, but some of that is on him too.

For those that like to criticize, they find themselves in the catbird seat with Harris:

- If he makes an NFL roster and accomplishes anything, they can use that as evidence to continue the never-ending desire to trash Grobe and staff;
- If Harris is an early NFL cut or never gets signed, they can further pile on a WF athlete for having his professional dreams crushed.

It's really quite perfect.

I attribute most of his non-success at Wake to Harris. His O Line play didn't help, but if he makes it in the NFL, it is because he busted his ass to do it. I don't think he really busted his ass at Wake.

Not at all. He's clearly trying to impress people with his numbers and draft potential. He goes overboard. I get it. He's lame, but the guy has always seemed to support Wake and I would think we'd want him to make the league. It's a bit like Travis McKie--he got a lot of hate for dogging it, but maybe he was just worn down after years of futility, spirit was broken. Harris is painful on social media, but there are more than few Wake players fit that bill. If I missed him sh*tting on other players or the school or not being a good teammate then I would probably change my stance. I think complaining about play-calling and PT should probably be excused...he certainly wasn't the only one.
I dont remember the exact tweet, but I do seem to recall him claiming he'd have been much better if the O Line had been worth a damn.

I dont remember the exact tweet, but I do seem to recall him claiming he'd have been much better if the O Line had been worth a damn.

That and the sarcastic remarks about the lack of carries.

He'd still have to break a tackle.

Josh burned all the goodwill he earned during his freshmen year with his antics at the Music City Bowl. And he never did anything afterwards that was worthy of praise.

Whoever posted that josh's talk to production ratio is very high was dead on. I want him to succeed in the NFL but I don't think his failure at wake was 100% on lobo and the oline.

Josh burned all the goodwill he earned during his freshmen year with his antics at the Music City Bowl. And he never did anything afterwards that was worthy of praise.

What were those? Vaguely recall some pouting about not playing.

What were those? Vaguely recall some pouting about not playing.

Running it out of the end zone from 8 yards deep and being tackled at the 12 yard line and then standing up and flexing and jawing with the Mississippi state players. Antics is the correct word for his actions.

Running it out of the end zone from 8 yards deep and being tackled at the 12 yard line and then standing up and flexing and jawing with the Mississippi state players. Antics is the correct word for his actions.

Yeah....

He then went and sat all alone on the bench and pouted for the rest of the game. Couldn't even get up on his feet to support his teammates at the end of a very close game.

I wish Grove had dismissed him immediately following the game.

ury4uqev.jpg

Back