• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

Get your chakra on with Bzzzzz.

Jeff [Redacted]‏@WFCoachBzdelik

Love starting the day with Yoga. Great workout physically & mentally. Its also a great warm up for athletes

How much did [Redacted] get picked on by other kids when he was in school?

To be fair, yoga is a great workout.

I bet he was the best dressed kid in school growing up. His ties were the shit back then. Cutting edge of fashion.

Someone needs to set up a FakeBzdelik account and give the boards the password.

I'm really not looking to be the guy that critiques all of Bzzzz's tweets but this one is irresistable

Jeff [Redacted]‏@WFCoachBzdelik

"To disbelieve is easy; to scoff is simple; to have faith is harder." Louis L'Amour

Let's expand a bit -

To disbelieve is easy when selling a last place finish tied with other teams is "progress" and that a recruiting class with 1 consensus top 100 player is going to be the catalyst to take us to the top half of the ACC.

To scoff is simple when over half of your players transfer, not all of whom are "culture problems".

To have faith is damn near impossible when the career achievements of someone with a loooong career have a ceiling of mediocrity.

I really should go into Bzzz detox over the summer and just not read anything from or about him. Everything about him just raises my ire now.

I saw one yesterday from BZ about holding a workout with CJ, McKie, Fischer, and Green. I thought to myself that he would not have any issues violating the 4-player workout rule right now because he only has 4 players, period. So he has that going for him, which is nice.

I saw one yesterday from BZ about holding a workout with CJ, McKie, Fischer, and Green. I thought to myself that he would not have any issues violating the 4-player workout rule right now because he only has 4 players, period. So he has that going for him, which is nice.

I do have to say that I'm impressed that they seem to take summers seriously. I never remember this kind of stuff during the Gaudio summers. Say what you want about Bz, but last summer's training goals clearly paid off for CJ this year. The difference was stunning. I'd love to see Chase, Daniel, and Travis make similar progress.

I do have to say that I'm impressed that they seem to take summers seriously. I never remember this kind of stuff during the Gaudio summers. Say what you want about Bz, but last summer's training goals clearly paid off for CJ this year. The difference was stunning. I'd love to see Chase, Daniel, and Travis make similar progress.

I don't really know what basis you would have for saying Gaudio did not take the summers seriously. Ish's improvement from his junior to senior year was comparable to CJ's improvement sophomore to junior.

I don't really know what basis you would have for saying Gaudio did not take the summers seriously. Ish's improvement from his junior to senior year was comparable to CJ's improvement sophomore to junior.

I'm sure others could weigh-in, but it was my impression that Dino's summers were less involved from a coaching standpoint and with a great emphasis on players developing themselves (which for most was playing in the pro-am). I might be wrong, but I just never remember hearing stuff like this during the Gaudio-era and I was close with a couple players at the time, too.

I'm not as high on Ish as most nor as invested in the historical memory that surrounds Ish at Wake, but his improvement between JR and SR strikes me (not knowing a lot about his summer training schedule) as equally rooted in self-improvement and simply being a focal point of the offense with better players. His %poss jumped more than doubled and his personnel was better. He didn't, for instance, improve his shooting at all... Actually, Per-40 PA Ish is more or less the same player from JR to SR. Just my two-cents. Obviously he got better and his improvement was the difference between a disaster season and the NCAA Tournament, IMO, but I don't agree that it was to the same extent as CJ, who literally remade himself over the course of a summer.

Compare Ish and CJ by the numbers and you see a far greater jump between breakout seasons.

Ish: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ishmael-Smith-1212/stats/

vs.

CJ: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/C.J.-Harris-6194/stats/

Reactions: TBR
There's probably a lot of validity to what you're saying regarding the source of Ish's improvement. I had never looked at per 40 stats which basically indicate that Ish didn't improve as much between those seasons as it seemed like he did.

As far as CJ goes, I was never as low on him as many because I recognized that he was playing out of position in a new system. His improvement between the seasons did not shock me, but it was impressive nonetheless.

I'll concede the point.

CJ has made considerable improvement during each summer, even the summer before he stepped on campus according to those who had seen him play in HS.

Still hilarious to me that people are dissecting these tweets as if [Redacted] himself is the one tweeting.

He's still letting a very lame person represent him on the internet. That's poor.

He's still letting a very lame person represent him on the internet. That's poor.

I'd say that it would be worse if it was an awesome tweeter (if there is such a thing) since it would be so incongruous with what we know about him.

Back