• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest vs. Florida State Game Thread

At some point you have to win these Games.

Well yeah but that's a top acc team on the road. They have better players, a better coach and clearly wanted it more. We're still a young team. Danny still coached a shit game at the end but Clemson is still the game that matters. FSU can throw 12 guys at anybody which is going to wear down teams, especially ours with no bench.

We have the talent....just not the coaching.

I agree to an exent...Our bench as a unit is not at the same level as FSU. they had have two top 15 recruiting classes to go along with two centers over 7'3. we will get there. patience i keep telling myself. I hope Melo is getting bigger right now. we will need help on the boards to take the next step

what are you trying to say? how is any of what i said not true?

You claimed that timeouts didn't matter. I'll raise you this:

6:44 Official TV Timeout 66 - 69
6:44 Dwayne Bacon made Free Throw. 66 - 70
6:44 Dwayne Bacon missed Free Throw. 66 - 70
6:44 Konstantinos Mitoglou Defensive Rebound. 66 - 70
6:28 Foul on Braian Angola-Rodas. 66 - 70
6:20 Bryant Crawford Turnover. 66 - 70
6:00 Jarquez Smith made Jumper. 66 - 72
5:40 Bryant Crawford missed Dunk. 66 - 72
5:40 Braian Angola-Rodas Defensive Rebound. 66 - 72
5:32 Dwayne Bacon made Layup. Assisted by Xavier Rathan-Mayes. 66 - 74
5:20 Mitchell Wilbekin Turnover. 66 - 74
5:20 Dwayne Bacon Steal. 66 - 74
5:13 Xavier Rathan-Mayes made Layup. Assisted by Jarquez Smith. 66 - 76
5:12 Wake Forest Timeout 66 - 76

We played FSU even until 7:33 in the second half and it was a one possession game through the TV timeout at 6:44. I don't know if we watched the same game, but our team looked lost offensively and didn't even run the floor after the Bacon layup at 5:32, which resulted in a Wilbekin turnover, two more points, and a 10 point lead in less than two minutes.

Well yeah but that's a top acc team on the road. They have better players, a better coach and clearly wanted it more. We're still a young team. Danny still coached a shit game at the end but Clemson is still the game that matters.

So sick of the youth excuse which Wellman has used for a decade

It's a good thing we saved Collins for after when the game was over. Manning lost this game.

I am getting tired of DM automatically sitting JC when he gets 2 fouls. He needs to just let him play through it - he needs to learn. If he gets another one, so be it. He simply has to be in the game for us - make the officials foul him out and then throw a hissy fit. They really seem to hit him with some ticky tack fouls...

I agree to an exent...Our bench as a unit is not at the same level as FSU. they had have two top 15 recruiting classes to go along with two centers over 7'3. we will get there. patience i keep telling myself. I hope Melo is getting bigger right now. we will need help on the boards to take the next step

I don't trust anyone named Melo. He said BzDick was a great coach

People blaming Manning for the loss when Crawford played like that? Wow. Crawford is an athletic talent but he just loses all thinking ability at certain points. Some of those TO's were atrocious, as was the missed jam.

It can be both, MichDeac. Crawford and Childress played badly and Manning looked helpless out there to do anything about it.

I am getting tired of DM automatically sitting JC when he gets 2 fouls. He needs to just let him play through it - he needs to learn. If he gets another one, so be it. He simply has to be in the game for us - make the officials foul him out and then throw a hissy fit. They really seem to hit him with some ticky tack fouls...

100%

So sick of the youth excuse which Wellman has used for a decade

So what about any of the other points in that post? They're better, were at home, have a better coach, wanted it more and Danny coached a shit game. You picked one point out of 6.

At least Miami is beating the incestors.

That game was ugly all around. FSU looked like shit and we still managed to look worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right but we managed to during the first half

We managed to do it for 34 minutes and then it all went to hell. We're going to play against teams with better talent all year, so that's kind of a bullshit excuse unless we're cool with another 2-16 finish.

You claimed that timeouts didn't matter. I'll raise you this:

We played FSU even until 7:33 in the second half and it was a one possession game through the TV timeout at 6:44. I don't know if we watched the same game, but our team looked lost offensively and didn't even run the floor after the Bacon layup at 5:32, which resulted in a Wilbekin turnover, two more points, and a 10 point lead in less than two minutes.

did you watch the game by gamecast?

it was clear crawford was worn down and making mistakes but who was supposed to come in? wibekin completed more passes to the opposite team and keyshaun isnt quick enough to get past his defender consistently and run an offense. Chilldress tried to do too much too often. that is why the game got out of hand.

We had ZERO inside presence on the inside due to reasons already stated by everyone. definitely questionable coaching, could have tried to go small and be aggressive but what else could Danny have done?

Back