• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

KVegas, clearly Clawson believes people are getting too much access now and he's planning to scale that back.

Got to be one of the dumbest fanbases in the country, they make the Tarhole fans look intelligent.

I just... I can't believe how fucking stupid they are. As soon as I think I've heard the absolute fucking dumbest thing out of one of their fans, another one ups them. And they absolutely believe it. We only knew they stole our plays because we stole theirs? Who the fuck comes up wit this shit? I mean I get trying to convince yourself that your school didn't do anything wrong in spite of otherwise compelling evidence that you did, but fuck... Louisville fans are a special brand of fucking stupid.

I think we do generally allow more access than most ACC schools, though not in a way that was relevant here. For example, at how many schools does the head football coach sit down with the media after his weekly press conference and eat lunch and talk casually? I would guess we're the only one. And people like Dan get access to practice that beat writers at schools like Clemson and Florida State probably don't get.

But I'm not sure we're much of an outlier in what we let our radio analyst do. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Dabo plays golf with the media and has them over to his home for dinner every pre-season during Clemson media days.

I think he picks who is in and who is out each year, but I doubt Dave has invited Elrod, Cotten, and Collins over for a bite to eat and a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just... I can't believe how fucking stupid they are. As soon as I think I've heard the absolute fucking dumbest thing out of one of their fans, another one ups them. And they absolutely believe it. We only knew they stole our plays because we stole theirs? Who the fuck comes up wit this shit? I mean I get trying to convince yourself that your school didn't do anything wrong in spite of otherwise compelling evidence that you did, but fuck... Louisville fans are a special brand of fucking stupid.

image.png

No shit. Would you expect him to just keep the status quo or provide more access?

Of course, I expect him to restrict access. I'm surprised you believe that. You seem to think there wasn't a problem to begin with.

Are the mods going to take any action against siff or not? Isn't there a don't be a dick rule here? Despite the guys beautiful family he is crossing the line to liken another poster to Bill Cosby even if that poster is from Philadelphia and loves Temple.

Excellent question. rj deserves answers

Of course, I expect him to restrict access. I'm surprised you believe that. You seem to think there wasn't a problem to begin with.

What is it with you grasping to place blame on WF? No one holds the position that there was a "problem" at WF other than the lunatic fringe on this Board (Reff, DR and you). Any program could been victimized by a rouge actor like this.

There wasn't a problem to begin with, and no third party observer (other than those mentioned above and others who are similarly obtuse) have stated or implied that there was a problem with the way WF dealt with the media and others close to program.

That said, after WF got burned by an incredibly unique situation (please name one other instance when a team's broadcaster gave inside information to opponents), WF will regrettably have to change it's policy of being as open to the media. This is not something that Clawson or the Athletic Department wants to do, but given that it happened in this instance, WF can not take the chance of it happening again even if it has an negative impact on WF's relationship with the press, and others connected to the program.

You are intentionally conflating remedial actions in response to this completely bizarre and unforeseeable situation with an admission of fault on WF's behalf.

Last edited:
Are the mods going to take any action against siff or not? Isn't there a don't be a dick rule here? Despite the guys beautiful family he is crossing the line to liken another poster to Bill Cosby even if that poster is from Philadelphia and loves Temple.

Man, forgot the beautiful family post. Good stuff. He does have a lovely family IRL.

I understand the movie perfectly and was having some fun...palma not only has less hairline than Helms but he is the one of the three of us mostly likely to get wasted and marry a hooker...DR would understand the other position...we can't both be Cooper...and I got first choice. :)

Do you not get why you would be the outcast desperately clinging to the hope that the cool kids would be part of your wolfpack?

Back