• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake going to Boone in the Future?

You must have missed the part about them looking for a high-profile schedule.

Would think the ACC team is Carolina or State. The General Assembly loves two home games in one.

Some of us can't forget getting our ass kicked by Jerry & the Boys from Boone on what feels like multiple occasions.

Some of us can't forget getting our ass kicked by Jerry & the Boys from Boone on what feels like multiple occasions.

You're feeding the myth. Wake is 14-7-1 all time versus App. The only time we lost by more than a TD was 3-17 in 1991. Most of the games were good, relatively close contests and the crowds were great. The losses stand out more because they were bad losses. Most notably for me personally a 27-30 loss, in overtime, on my wedding day back in 1998. Ugh.

If the idea is to sell more tickets, App makes sense. If the idea is to win more football games, there are much better choices than App.

I'd love it. Great atmosphere for those games.

Will be interesting to see how they fare in the Sun Belt in terms of the atmosphere. I'd bet they do fine this year in their first year of FBS, but 3-4 years from now will folks still drive up to Boone for a November home date with New Mexico State?

Will be interesting to see how they fare in the Sun Belt in terms of the atmosphere. I'd bet they do fine this year in their first year of FBS, but 3-4 years from now will folks still drive up to Boone for a November home date with New Mexico State?

Is that worse than a November home date with The Citadel?

You're feeding the myth. Wake is 14-7-1 all time versus App. The only time we lost by more than a TD was 3-17 in 1991. Most of the games were good, relatively close contests and the crowds were great. The losses stand out more because they were bad losses. Most notably for me personally a 27-30 loss, in overtime, on my wedding day back in 1998. Ugh.

If the idea is to sell more tickets, App makes sense. If the idea is to win more football games, there are much better choices than App.

I was at that game. STUNG!

I would love to go up there and absolute whoop that trick.

I have Ap friends who think they went to Ohio State or UF or Alabama. They also think Armanti Edwards > Riley Skinner.

A 14-7-1 record against a (then) I-AA team is pretty damn terrible

Oh MY GOD EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID ABOUT YOU PEOPLE IS TRUE! You're all such pussies makeing a committment to go play in Boone before you come to Charlotte to get your ass kicked which you know will happen. I smell fear wafting out of Winston-Salem like a bad fart. Your coach is such a pussy and your players are all pussies. Wait, that's not a fart i smell, it's PUSSY! The landscape of the football in the states of North and SouthCarolina is changing so quickly that you need a twitter account to keep track of it, but 140 characters isn't enough to tell you how bad your school sucks and how quickly your so called 'program' is going down the fallopian tubes of pussy. You're all scared chickenshit about the monolith giant that is being built in Charlotte as endorsed by the NFL by owner Jerry Richardson and other bigwig donors such as Hugh McCall. You're going to wake up one morning and get on a bus to Boone to go get your ass kicked and there's not going to be anyone on the streets and you know where they'll all be? Riding down I-85 to see the Charlotte 49ers take on a team that's not too scared to play them. Probably Clemson or The Gamecocks trying to hold onto their primacy in the area, but its' going to be too late by then. I have been working on my football rankings for the Carolinas and will be releasing them soon, but during my research I have noticed that you have a new coach because the old guy finally just said "FUCK IT I GIVE UP !" He saw the handwriting on the wall and walked away while the walking was good. The tide has turned and you are running scared, away from us and trying to give your buddies up in Boon some legitmacy instead of coming st smell what Brad Lambert is cookin. But you probably wouldn't be able to smell it above that pussy stench you're all giving off. Can't you get some Massengil disposable douche and use it as deodorant or something?

I was going to wait with the new Carolinas rankings, but with the recent developments many have been asking for them. Here they are.

1. Duke - They're on top right now until somebody knocks them off.
2. Clemson - Really 1A, but they're fat quarterback is gone and their recievers are all going to jail.
3. Charlotte - You're going to see a big improvement in the team this year as they've got a season under their belt. Sky is the limit.
4. Chapel Hill - They have to be better then they were.
5. NC State - Same as Chapel Hill
6. Gamecocks - big drop since Clowney is gone. Coach is getting too old.
7. Coastal Carolina - ??
7. Tennessee - They're back and they're going to be recruiting a lot of playres from the mountains and App State is going to suffer.
8. App State - They're inbred and stupid as fuck and think they've got a team, but they're really just a bunch of stupid fucks who can't play football and will roo the day they decided to move up to the Bowl Games and BCS with us because everybody is going to forget them soon enough.
9. Weak Florist - Ha. You are going to Boone!

My suggestion is that you all kill yourselves if you care about football.

Is that worse than a November home date with The Citadel?

maybe not, but outside of Georgia Southern there's not a whole lot to be excited about in the Sun Belt. Makes sense that they're swinging for the fences on the non-conference schedule to compensate.

On the other side of the coin I don't think they had much of a choice as far as getting out of the SoCon. FCS football is getting ready to all but disappear if there's any kind of a power conference breakaway. Another casualty of realignment because the old 16 team FCS playoffs were great games to watch.

maybe not, but outside of Georgia Southern there's not a whole lot to be excited about in the Sun Belt. Makes sense that they're swinging for the fences on the non-conference schedule to compensate.

On the other side of the coin I don't think they had much of a choice as far as getting out of the SoCon. FCS football is getting ready to all but disappear if there's any kind of a power conference breakaway. Another casualty of realignment because the old 16 team FCS playoffs were great games to watch.

If they can get to another conference within 5-7 years then it'll be worth it. I don't think the SunBelt is the end goal, but I'm not really sure what is. Conference USA is the obvious answer, I suppose.

A 14-7-1 record against a (then) I-AA team is pretty damn terrible

Yeah, but you have to put that into the context of how bad our football program was during many of those seasons. I'm not saying that 14-7-1 is anything to brag about, but when the topic of App comes up too many Wake fans act like they dominated us. That simply wasn't the case.

If they can get to another conference within 5-7 years then it'll be worth it. I don't think the SunBelt is the end goal, but I'm not really sure what is. Conference USA is the obvious answer, I suppose.

CUSA only cares about market size. That's why Charlotte got an invite before ever playing a football game.

App's never gonna get one in Boone -- unless CUSA changes their approach (which they probably should to some degree)

Would love for App to play an ACC team in Charlotte. That would basically be a home game for App against anyone not named Carolina and even then it would be 50/50.

CUSA only cares about market size. That's why Charlotte got an invite before ever playing a football game.

App's never gonna get one in Boone -- unless CUSA changes their approach (which they probably should to some degree)

Funny thing is App has a bigger presence in Charlotte than UNCC. Like I said above, if App played UNCC in BOA it would be 80% App fans.

Playing App is a no win situation for Wake. They treat it like the Super Bowl, biggest game of the year on their schedule. And the are (were) a really good FCS program. But it's always a game that no one pays attention to when Wake wins, because Wake is supposed to win. But it becomes a big deal when App wins, because they are not supposed to.

Back