• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women’s ACC Tournament April 18-21; Men's ACCT April 19-22

There are some long Par 4s at Charlotte CC for the men:

#4 - 491 yards
#8 - 497 yards
#13 - 518 yards

Overall the course is 7400 yards. Distance will be emphasized

It was very long. Brennan was dialed in and had a couple saves that were very impressive. Kennon struggled a bit with distances including going into the water on a par 3 on the back. I think we have a good lead and just need to continue to play like we are. UNC came on strong so it should be a fun couple of days. GT players generally have weird swings.

Walked around at the 1st round for a bit today (mostly just to see the course...grew up less than 10 minutes from the club but had never been there before). It's very impressive, and those guys can hit the ball a long way, so 7,300 yards par-71 seemed like a walk in the park for them. Also looks like a fun match play course, so looking forward to watching the ACCNX coverage on Monday.

Also looks like a fun match play course

It hosted the US Mid Am back in 2018 and was great for match play. A good friend of mine was medalist so I was down there for a good bit of the week...back nine is sublime.

Yeah, I remembered a little bit of the course from watching the US Mid-Am final on TV that year (about the only positive aspect of Fox Sprts' brief time holding the USGA rights was their incresed TV coverage of some of the smaller USGA Championships).

Men and women both off the good starts. Top of both leaderboards

Have to love everything about our women’s golf team. Charasmitic coach. Players are all unique and fun. They have such obvious love for each other.

They raise money directly for their program rather than tip toe around it and pretend they benefit from money donated to football.

They take pride in our history and interact themselves with the donors.

Women’s golf and the debate teams are the best at Wake.

Men crapped the bed. Worst round of the day. Dropped to fifth. Yeesh

Jerry Haas has just not adapted. Look at what Kim does in terms of marketing her team on social media and cultivating a team that recruits the next one.

I certainly understood why we gave Jerry so long given the legacy. But it’s time for him to show he’s a noble person and walk away. He’d just milking us at this point.

Jerry Haas has just not adapted. Look at what Kim does in terms of marketing her team on social media and cultivating a team that recruits the next one.

I certainly understood why we gave Jerry so long given the legacy. But it’s time for him to show he’s a noble person and walk away. He’d just milking us at this point.
I liked something DR said. A moment that will live in infamy.

Oh, my…

Have never agreed with a DR post more.

He's gonna get a lot of run off that ACC title 2 years ago unfortunately.

DR is so right on this. Kim has taken a program and elevated it with a culture that’s so sustainable. Like DR I give money directly to Women’s golf. No coach is better w marketing the Wake brand, recognizing talent and making and creating a fan friendly program. She has built that connection to the fans very similar to what Dawn Staley has done at SC. Let’s not forget that Ryan is probably the top assistant in college golf and his position is actually endowed. He’s turned down head opportunities to stay at Wake.

As to Jerry I appreciate what that family has done for Wake but it’s time to move on if we ever expect to get back to what we should be in golf. I loved we were first yesterday but could have predicted what would happen today. There’s no possible way you go from the best round of the day to a DFL day in a weak ACC.

Back