• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women’s ACC Tournament April 18-21; Men's ACCT April 19-22

Nice start for the men today - leading early on with everybody on the course.

Seems like the course for the women is playing more difficult today (or maybe teams who played well yesterday are falling back to their norm). Either way, Wake is in 2nd place, 5 back of Clemson, but 9 clear of the 5th place team. Would guess Duke gets back into contention. Would like to avoid them in the semis if possible. All 5 have been pretty consistent, so that's good.

It's super weird Miami has women's golf, but no men's. Georgia Tech has men's, but no women's golf.

Nice start for the men today - leading early on with everybody on the course.

Seems like the course for the women is playing more difficult today (or maybe teams who played well yesterday are falling back to their norm). Either way, Wake is in 2nd place, 5 back of Clemson, but 9 clear of the 5th place team. Would guess Duke gets back into contention. Would like to avoid them in the semis if possible. All 5 have been pretty consistent, so that's good.
Yes, of right now, both fsu and duke are two of the top three teams in the acc wouldn't make the match play.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

FSU showing how much you can miss one person in this format. Their 4 and 5 are +4 and +7. Rough that one score is going to count - even rougher that their 2 and 3 are both +3 as well.

There are some long Par 4s at Charlotte CC for the men:

#4 - 491 yards
#8 - 497 yards
#13 - 518 yards

Overall the course is 7400 yards. Distance will be emphasized

Brennan out in 32(-4) and tied for the individual lead. Deacs at -8 overall and still in first through 9 holes. 4/5 guys are ballin and the other guy is +5, so not a ton of cushion.

I thought the acc men's and women's championship were typically on consecutive weekends

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's super weird Miami has women's golf, but no men's. Georgia Tech has men's, but no women's golf.
gt has like 500 women on campus total, so you gotta field the teams you can I guess.

They have competitive cheerleading IIRC which probably helps title 9

Lots of schools field teams in women's sports only to comply with Title IX and to make up for the lack of women's equivalent to football:

• BC, Vandy, FL, Clemson and VT (and many others) only offer women's lax as a scholarship sport

Men up 7 shots now. Lots of golf left with a lot of good teams chasing, but damn good start. Brennan leads the individual at -6. Three in the top four individually.

Men up 7 shots now. Lots of golf left with a lot of good teams chasing, but damn good start. Brennan leads the individual at -6. Three in the top four individually.
Not sure where this has been all year, but kudos for starting strong.

Lots of schools field teams in women's sports only to comply with Title IX and to make up for the lack of women's equivalent to football:

• BC, Vandy, FL, Clemson and VT (and many others) only offer women's lax as a scholarship sport
Funny also that Miami has no men’s golf. Would seem to be a fairly cheap sport with only 4.5 schollies and they are in an easy place to play year round

Men finish -13. Always worry that when you have one player shooting really high that any bad hole from the other 4 will blow up your score, but our top 4 had 2 doubles and 1 bogey between the 4 of them. Should be ~10 shot clear of 5th.

Seems like a good reason lol. Had to be a hard decision but can't really pass that up.
And when I saw the leaderboard an hour ago she was -5 and in 2nd place, one shot behind Korda! Good decision indeed.

Back