• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Ken Pom Thread: 2014-15 Preaseason = 104, Currently = 125 Season Over

So, what you are saying is to hold onto the money and then unload it on whoever we play in the 2nd round. I read ya. I read ya.

Definitely would have worked the past couple of tournaments: VCU (21 point loss), Arizona State (28 point loss), Iona (26 point loss).

I don't think you could justify hiring him. You couldn't really justify bringing him back after year one and going 8-24. I think bringing him back for a third year is only justifiable if you think Wake was going to be absolutely horrible prior to us hiring [Redacted] and that it was worth having him rebuild. Even if that's the rationale I don't see how you could justify bringing him back this year. And I don't think you can justify bringing him back for year five unless he makes some sort of postseason play.

So bottomline, he shouldn't have been hired and then should have been fired every subsequent year he was still here. That's where Wake basketball is right now.

I don't think you could justify hiring him. You couldn't really justify bringing him back after year one and going 8-24. I think bringing him back for a third year is only justifiable if you think Wake was going to be absolutely horrible prior to us hiring [Redacted] and that it was worth having him rebuild. Even if that's the rationale I don't see how you could justify bringing him back this year. And I don't think you can justify bringing him back for year five unless he makes some sort of postseason play.

So bottomline, he shouldn't have been hired and then should have been fired every subsequent year he was still here. That's where Wake basketball is right now.

Going once... Going twice... SOLD!!!

Hey, relax guy! I can change!

a-adronwellman093003.jpg

Hey, relax guy! I can change!

a-adronwellman093003.jpg

To paraphrase Justice Stewart - "I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description (obscenely offensive); and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But as a Wake Forest fan I know it when I see it, and the picture above in this case is exactly that."

6. Duke
9. Syracuse
10. UNC
19. Virginia
20. Pittsburg
32. Notre Dame
37. BC
44. Maryland
58. Ga Tech
62. Miami
72. NCSU
91. Wake
96. Clemson
105. Florida St
154. Va Tech

Interesting that kenpom has BC in essentially "last 4 in" territory (#37 overall 7th in the ACC behind 6 teams that everyone has in the 2014 tournament). Would be a further embarrassment to WF basketball if Donahue led BC to an NCAA bid as Donahue was hired the same year as Bz, and had far less to work with as BC started walk-ons initially. More importantly, basketball is not the #1 winter priority sport at BC as the hockey team is the much larger draw. Even as much as WF recruiting has declined, BC does not even get a sniff from top 100 players. Donahue, who came from Cornell, would have pounced on an offer from WF.

Last edited:
It's bad for Brownell, too. I know it's tough to recruit guys to Clemson, but he's also had a pretty miserable tenure. Nowhere near Buzz bad, but still.

Interesting that kenpom has BC in essentially "last 4 in" territory (#37 overall 7th in the ACC behind 6 teams that everyone has in the 2014 tournament). Would be a further embarrassment to WF basketball if Donahue led BC to an NCAA bid as Donahue was hired the same year as Bz, and had far less to work with as BC started walk-ons initially. More importantly, basketball is not the #1 winter priority sport at BC as the hockey team is the much larger draw. Even as much as WF recruiting has declined, BC does not even get a sniff from top 100 players. Donahue, who came from Cornell, would have pounced on an offer from WF.

Donahue is who Wellman thought [Redacted] was.

Great X's and O's guy. Great teacher. Great talent evaluator. A winner.

Donahue is a sneaky good recruiter (anderson and Hanlan) and can coach like a mofo. Also, he is very impressive on the radio here in BOS. He brought Cornell from absolute nowhere to tops in Ivy League. All this to say I'd so rather have him as our coach.

Donahue is a sneaky good recruiter (anderson and Hanlan) and can coach like a mofo. Also, he is very impressive on the radio here in BOS. He brought Cornell from absolute nowhere to tops in Ivy League. All this to say I'd so rather have him as our coach.

While I completely agree that Donahue is solid, the statement "I'd rather have ____ as our coach" applies to so, so so many different people.

Wake is 201st. Projected to go 9-19 (not counting two tournament games), 4-14 in the conference.

That's considerably worse than I thought.

Last in the conference by 66 spots. Maryland is 11th, BC is one spot ahead of them in 10th

These are the least accurate of KenPom's rankings and will shift rather dramatically early in the season.

Good baseline. Now we know what Buzz has to do to over-achieve. I'll take the over 9-19.

Good baseline. Now we know what Buzz has to do to over-achieve. I'll take the over 9-19.

Projection is 15-14 w/o 2 in Atlantis so say 16-15. We scheduled 8 freebies so projection is saying in year 4 Buzz will be 8-15 in games that matter. Progress like that they may as well write Wake down for the 2018 NIT now.

Back