• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Soccer Coach Jay Vidovich Gone

I would imagine Porter might be thinking of bigger aspirations and Vid might be coach in waiting. Just a guess though.

If T2 also plays at providence park I could see why he would leave in a second. That place is magical

Do not know what went down to prompt this move, but Wellman does not deserve the benefit of any doubt.

Looks like he hasn't done much at Denver (though coming off two straight conference championships, so there is that, so disregard what I just said) but kids love Bobby Muuss -- so if that happens I can see recruiting getting back to the level that it was when we had our best success. Haven't heard great things about him coaching wise, but he definitely knew how to get guys here. We would probably own the Northeast.

Last edited:
Thanks to coach for many great years! Wake will miss you. Good luck at your next stop.

Some people within in the soccer world say this is almost a step down. He had to be offered a wagon load of cash, or was pushed out. Either way, it's clear that he was done at Wake.
T2 is below USL Pro (carolina railhawks).
The Railhawks play in the NASL which is one level below MLS. This T2 team will play in USL Pro which is the next level below NASL.

if the play is that much below the MLS, then I'm not sure too many people are watching. Sounds like the arena league in football or something. Doesn't sound like a step up.

Wish coach all the best. I really enjoyed going to soccer games when I was at Wake.

if the play is that much below the MLS, then I'm not sure too many people are watching. Sounds like the arena league in football or something. Doesn't sound like a step up.

Wish coach all the best. I really enjoyed going to soccer games when I was at Wake.

This kind of blows up the MLS coach in waiting argument. Looks like he was trying to leave Wake.

Back