• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Soccer Coach Jay Vidovich Gone

Hadn't realized that he would be a full assistant. I guess that makes perfect sense. From an article:

"The Timbers announced in October the formation of T2, who will play their home games at the University of Portland. Vidovich will also serve as an assistant coach with the first team."

Amazing that he's been at Wake 30 years. In my mind's eye he's still a young dude, but not having been to a game since my student days it's been close to 20 years since I last laid eyes on him. Thanks for the memories and your loyalty, Jay, and happy trails.

Do you think he's making less money?

I have no idea, do you? But if it's anything like minor league baseball (and honestly it's probably worse) then I doubt it. If he is, it's likely not enough to offset the increased cost of living and not enough more to uproot a content man.

Can't find anything on the coaches but for the players: http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/09/09/Franchises/Orlando-City.aspx

"Rawlins said that if Orlando City became an MLS franchise, the club would not seek additional investors beyond himself and da Silva, even though the business model would change. USL Pro player salaries, for example, range from $12,000 to $40,000 per season. The average salary in MLS this season is $148,000."

I get it. He's been coaching at high level college soccer for a long time and it sounds like he's being groomed to be a manager at the pro level. That can open a lot of doors for him.

I get it. He's been coaching at high level college soccer for a long time and it sounds like he's being groomed to be a manager at the pro level. That can open a lot of doors for him.

Voice of reason. I see exactly what Coach is trying to accomplish with this move. I wish him the best of luck.

It would be interesting to know our candidate list to replace Vid and who has called to express interest in the job. But we barely get any details on that with the revenue sports.

Go kick butt in on the professional level Jay!!!!
Thank you for building this program to state that I thought I would never see in my lifetime!!

Hahaha this dude leaves for a minor league MLS team? the MLS is already fucking minor leagues.

This is equivalent to coaching in a wooden bat league. Portland is overrated to, nothing but hipster trash and horrible weather.

In addition to coaching their developmental team, he will also be an assistant to the GM and an assistant coach for the top team. He's clearly being groomed for bigger things.

Hahaha this dude leaves for a minor league MLS team? the MLS is already fucking minor leagues.

This is equivalent to coaching in a wooden bat league. Portland is overrated to, nothing but hipster trash and horrible weather.

Bless your heart.

In addition to coaching their developmental team, he will also be an assistant to the GM and an assistant coach for the top team. He's clearly being groomed for bigger things.

Assuming that's all accurate this sounds like a solid career move. Good luck and thanks to Coach Vid.

there's a lot of awesome, awesome wrong in this post

Best of luck to Jay, and thanks for running a great program. I'm sure he will excel in his next challenge, and ascend in the pro ranks.

It definitely seems he's just grown tired of college coaching. I have to imagine he could have made a run at some pro level gigs back around 08-10, just like Caleb Porter.

Assistant to the GM or assistant GM? There's a big difference.

wenn5366126.jpg

Back