• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-State Predictions

Wake-State Predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think we matchup well with State. Tomorrow could be a tough one imo. Taking the Pack by 8-10. Hopefully I'm wrong

I'm afraid you maybe correct. Now that their big man is doing more offensively we are at an even greater disadvantage. Perhaps Turner and Lacy will be ice cold, but I doubt it.

Manning calls for Gold Out.

@CoachDManning: Everyone tomorrow night,8pm ET at the Coliseum.Wear GOLD vs NC State. Operation Gold Rush in affect. @screamindemons @TieDyeNation #GoDeacs

Manning calls for Gold Out.

@CoachDManning: Everyone tomorrow night,8pm ET at the Coliseum.Wear GOLD vs NC State. Operation Gold Rush in affect. @screamindemons @TieDyeNation #GoDeacs

I don't have gold WF apparel. So black will have to do for me.

I am hopeful but my guess is NCSU by 12-14.

Seriously? Duke and Loui didn't beat us by that much.

There is a really weird overrating State/Gottfried thing going on on this board. I guess it's because of recruiting but it's still damn strange

There is a really weird overrating State/Gottfried thing going on on this board. I guess it's because of recruiting but it's still damn strange

Agree. State is not that good and I personally think we match up well. Predicting a battle and that Wake pulls out the W by five. 77-72 Wake

Depends on which State team shows up. Their talent level is pretty high. Great shooters in Lacey and Turner, solid bigs with Abu, Washington and Anya and bipolar Cat Barber. Hopefully we get the same Pack that played Clemson and the second half against GT.

Spread is NCSU -1 (or pick 'em @ some books). No reason we can't win this one.

We beat NCSU by 1 at home last year and then got blown out on the road. This year, the road loss just came first. I have a good feeling about tonight's game.

well now that we've LEARNED HOW TO WIN there's no telling how high we can fly

Matchups concern me a bit, too. I think if we stick to the inside-out game plan on offense (hopefully get their bigs in foul trouble), and somehow close out better defensively on their distance shooters, we may have a chance. Rebounding will be an important aspect; State can score the ball. Limit shot attempts and possessions. Pretty sure we aren't going to out-athlete NCSU.

Be interesting to see if our rotations vary much, e.g. is MJ a better match defensively for Cat Barber than MW? Defensive play on the wings may be the tell.

Being generally an optimistic sort:

Wake 78
State 72

Going to be a close game either way. We need this game to have any chance at making the NCAA's but if Turner and Lacy aren't hitting then I think we are in trouble.

Going to be a close game either way. We need this game to have any chance at making the NCAA's but if Turner and Lacy aren't hitting then I think we are in trouble.

Agreed. Wake has a great chance if Turner and Lacy aren't on. Cat is not good, and doesn't scare me at all, and there is talent down low but that isn't where the real scoring threat is. I feel really good about Wake on the boards, and if we can get a couple of guys (Dinos and Mitch) hot, I think Wake wins.

I'm assuming the matchups will be Wilbekin on Barber, Codi on Lacey, and McClinton on Turner. Turner owned that matchup last time around but Crab was starting and McClinton only played 3 minutes. Overton and Washington combined for almost 30 minutes of playing time - funny how much we've changed in 12 games.

Very different team NC State will see tonight compared to last time.

Depends on which State team shows up. Their talent level is pretty high. Great shooters in Lacey and Turner, solid bigs with Abu, Washington and Anya and bipolar Cat Barber. Hopefully we get the same Pack that played Clemson and the second half against GT.

This. Gott can recruit. Bench coaching - not his strong suit.

This. Gott can recruit. Bench coaching - not his strong suit.

He's also won some big recruiting battles that have not panned out. Cat was overrated, Tyler Lewis was grossly overrated, Purvis left...

Hard to believe Cat was a McD AA. He's just not that impressive when I have watched him play.

Back